1. FISCHER's rating of the film Thérèse Raquin

Un des meilleurs films du grand Marcel Carné qui arrive parfaitement à concilier densité dramatique, esthétisme visuel et rigueur cinématographique... www.cinefiches.com

2. Stevie's rating of the film Thérèse Raquin

There are a number of noticeable differences between this and Zola's original novel but one thing both have in common is that they're both works of art.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Thérèse Raquin

The cinema of Marcel Carne: Precise, perfect and powerful. A love story and a crime thriller. Beautifully shot in Lyon, 1953.

4. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Thérèse Raquin

This great film is usually known as 'Therese Raquin',which is a more suitable title,especially considering she's played by the wonderful Simone Signoret. It is a thriller,bleak and pessimistic,an atmosphere suited to this story of a love that cannot be. I loved it.

5. mpho3's rating of the film Thérèse Raquin

"This is my first encounter with Lady Luck. I hope she won't desert me." Famous last words, Sailor.

6. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film Thérèse Raquin

Roland LeSaffre as the sailor/blackmailer is criminally unsung. He's not even listed in MUBI's cast, and several reviews online unforgivably mistake Marcel Andre as the actor in the role. Andre (who is best known perhaps as Belle's father in Cocteau's La belle et la bete) was in his 70s. In this film, he played Michaud, one of the elder Mme Raquin's friends.

7. gray water's rating of the film Thérèse Raquin

Simone "Butter Face" Signoret actually looks decent in this.