1. FISCHER's rating of the film These Three

Superbe mélodrame avec l'émouvante et combien belle Merle Oberon et une excellente Bonita Granville, en chipie démoniaque. Une oeuvre qu'on n'oubliera pas... www.cinefiches.com

2. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film These Three

A pleasant, at times purposeful, slice of classic Hollywood. The slander and lies that plague the central trio never feel as damning or dramatic as they could have been. The sense of loss is intermittently palpable and tensions of the love triangle never threaten to boil over. The true star of the show is Bonita Granville who may well be the most despicable child ever shown on screen - a truly villainous turn!

3. James's rating of the film These Three

Teaching can be a vulnerable job and so is being in love. Wyler weaves the two beautifully. Watch this before it disappears.

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film These Three

Very solid drama which has a more downbeat ending then you would expect from a production of the old Holywood studio system.

5. tintinmugshot's rating of the film These Three

Great movie, and Bonita Granville stoles the whole of it.

6. Steve G.'s rating of the film These Three

We Need To Talk About Mary.

7. Dogville59's rating of the film These Three

Loved the witty lines the humour and the acting.

8. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film These Three

Gripping and powerful but it is one of those rare occasions in that I feel the remake to improve on the original.

9. macinytresymon's rating of the film These Three

another great film . loving catching up on these movies

10. Tja's rating of the film These Three

Overly long tale of a love-triangle made public by a worldly and malicious 1930's girl teen, with predictable consequences. Inessential viewing.

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film These Three

Another great film from Wyler who seemingly did no wrong. I am a huge Hopkins and McCrea fan so this may have swayed my view of the film as most prefer the remake. The kid is about as bad as The Bad Seed, and the story actually works quite well despite Hays censorship taking some of the teeth out. An easy 4 stars

12. knockkneed's rating of the film These Three

nice charisma between editor and DP

13. Bjanicas's rating of the film These Three

I'll always prefer the "other" three: https://mubi.com/films/the-childrens-hour.

14. Daniel S.'s rating of the film These Three

It could have been a so great movie about rumours like Fritz Lang's Fury but one feels that censorship had to say its word with Wyler's These Three. So we have here only a good rural drama with two or three inventive camera movements like the dolly in/dolly out in the direction of the window during the crucial Joe and Martha's scene. Recommended.

15. Matt Reddick's rating of the film These Three

It's Lubitsch-lite until the brats take over the picture... Walter Brennan, Margaret Hamilton and Al Bridge are great though.

16. MarcH's rating of the film These Three

So polished, literate and effective you don't even notice that all its meaning has been stripped away by censorship, and that at its core lies nothing more than a bratty-kid sub-plot from a Little Rascals short.

17. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film These Three

Could this be William Wyler's best film? For me, it ranks up there with "The Letter" and "The Heiress." What is amazing in the transformation from play to film, is that in eliminating the lesbian theme, it allows the viewer to focus on the lie.

18. Acerk21's rating of the film These Three

The character of Mary Tilford, played by Bonita Granville, has got to be the biggest brat I've ever seen in film. Way to go Bonita!