1. Tibulle85's rating of the film They Live

(Vukekpar/leweb) Carpenter est vraiment le réalisateur le plus inégal qui soit! Certains de ses films ne vieillissent pas, mais que dire de bcp d'autres? "Invasion Los Angeles", bien que partant d'une idée géniale (un ouvrier de chantier trouve des lunettes qui lui révèlent que la Terre est infiltrée par des extraterrestres), est un film intrinsèquement mauvais: récit cliché et bourrin, réalisation datée. Un gâchis!

2. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film They Live

3. zdravk3's rating of the film They Live

4. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film They Live

piper and keith make a great pair. if they took on hogan and mr. t at wrestlemania, it coulda been a whole different story

5. Harriehhh's rating of the film They Live

Props to Stratton Leopold as “Depressed Human”. I feel ya, buddy!

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film They Live

Great homage to old style 1950s science fiction that is sweetened with solid political commentary and an exciting paranoid atmosphere about hidden messages in daily life that no people can see but we are controlled by. It actually feels more believable today even if it is an "alien invasion" film as it could as easily be about capitalistic powers.

7. Joao Domingues's rating of the film They Live

Seeing the world in black & white, sure makes it easier to know whose brains to blow up [Remake Needed]

8. João Vuvu's rating of the film They Live

And this is how you waste a great idea

9. POMAC's rating of the film They Live

“Cause i ain’t daddy’s boy no more”

10. Terry_Moby's rating of the film They Live

That long fist-fight in the middle of the film separates the good first part from the cheesy second part. Huge plot holes abound and the music seems to be written for something else... Silly and fascinating in equal parts.

11. Jason's rating of the film They Live

THEY LIVE is a decidedly slack enterprise on a modest budget. Absolutely no consideration is played to anything like credulity. We are not asked to take it particularly seriously. Except that, you know, we are. This is by no means a heavy-handed political statement, but it is a forceful one. Manufactured consent. Bien sûr. Hard not to notice the impact of its sardonic aesthetic on the ADBUSTERS graphic design M.O.

12. Django's rating of the film They Live

Beneath the B movie trappings is a smart, cynical commentary on modern society that seems even more relevant today than it did 30 years ago. Where are you when we need you Rowdy Roddy?

13. ilze zzz's rating of the film They Live

14. caprica_six's rating of the film They Live

I came in with a faint idea of what They Live was about, but I really didn't expect a scathing criticism of 80s neoliberalism masquerading as a low-brow scifi film.

15. Nick Schwab's rating of the film They Live

They Live is still one of the finest caustic attacks on the oppressive nature of greed and conformity of American capitalism. It may be often too silly and campy to be outright venomous, preferring a more flippant and sarcastic tone, while its scant runtime means an imbalance of great action set pieces and not a longer stick-it-to-the-man final act. Yet, this is Carpenter's most purified example of politicalizing.

16. Aaken's rating of the film They Live

A good mixture of modern time western ('modern' being the 80's), Black & White B-movie sci-fi flicks from the 50's, exploitation films and action thrillers, the film however strikes for its incisive commentary about our consumerist world and flabby minds, and how it is even more relevant now, nearly 30 years after the film was released...

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film They Live

18. ali di pollo's rating of the film They Live

secondo me questo film è orrendo

19. ceknklsn's rating of the film They Live

36/100 (Hahahahhahahaha 3,7 ne hahahahahahha aq malları ahahahahha gerizekalılar, embesiller, zihinsel engelliler. Bu filmin puan ortalaması La La Land'tan yüksek hahahahahhaha bu siteden cidden ayrılıcam. Ya bu kadar dar bi görüş olamaz. - Vay canına kapitalizmi eleştiriyor ne olursa olsun 5 yıldız. --Ha siktirin ordan. Mubi keşke siteye Iq testleri ile birey alsa. Keşke. Sinirim geçmedi alta da yorum bırakıyorum.)

20. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film They Live

21. Tyler Wright's rating of the film They Live

Simultaneous badass and scary. One of those rare meatheaded action films that's actually smarter than it may seem.

22. redux's rating of the film They Live

The thought this moronic burp represents our persistent cultural reality, with whatever paranoid idea run with, but not given a fuck in terms of elementary reasoning, is nothing short of depressing.

23. unearthly_red's rating of the film They Live

ok, Mr. Carpenter, I get it, we're all eating from the trash can of ideology all the time

24. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film They Live