1. Terry_Moby's rating of the film They Live

That long fist-fight in the middle of the film separates the good first part from the cheesy second part. Huge plot holes abound and the music seems to be written for something else... Silly and fascinating in equal parts.

2. Jason's rating of the film They Live

THEY LIVE is a decidedly slack enterprise on a modest budget. Absolutely no consideration is played to anything like credulity. We are not asked to take it particularly seriously. Except that, you know, we are. This is by no means a heavy-handed political statement, but it is a forceful one. Manufactured consent. Bien sûr. Hard not to notice the impact of its sardonic aesthetic on the ADBUSTERS graphic design M.O.

3. Django's rating of the film They Live

Beneath the B movie trappings is a smart, cynical commentary on modern society that seems even more relevant today than it did 30 years ago. Where are you when we need you Rowdy Roddy?

4. ilze zzz's rating of the film They Live

5. caprica_six's rating of the film They Live

I came in with a faint idea of what They Live was about, but I really didn't expect a scathing criticism of 80s neoliberalism masquerading as a low-brow scifi film.

6. Nick Schwab's rating of the film They Live

They Live is still one of the finest caustic attacks on the oppressive nature of greed and conformity of American capitalism. It may be often too silly and campy to be outright venomous, preferring a more flippant and sarcastic tone, while its scant runtime means an imbalance of great action set pieces and not a longer stick-it-to-the-man final act. Yet, this is Carpenter's most purified example of politicalizing.

7. Aaken's rating of the film They Live

A good mixture of modern time western ('modern' being the 80's), Black & White B-movie sci-fi flicks from the 50's, exploitation films and action thrillers, the film however strikes for its incisive commentary about our consumerist world and flabby minds, and how it is even more relevant now, nearly 30 years after the film was released...

8. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film They Live

9. ali di pollo's rating of the film They Live

secondo me questo film è orrendo

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film They Live

36/100 (Hahahahhahahaha 3,7 ne hahahahahahha aq malları ahahahahha gerizekalılar, embesiller, zihinsel engelliler. Bu filmin puan ortalaması La La Land'tan yüksek hahahahahhaha bu siteden cidden ayrılıcam. Ya bu kadar dar bi görüş olamaz. - Vay canına kapitalizmi eleştiriyor ne olursa olsun 5 yıldız. --Ha siktirin ordan. Mubi keşke siteye Iq testleri ile birey alsa. Keşke. Sinirim geçmedi alta da yorum bırakıyorum.)

11. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film They Live

12. Tyler Wright's rating of the film They Live

Simultaneous badass and scary. One of those rare meatheaded action films that's actually smarter than it may seem.

13. redux's rating of the film They Live

The thought this moronic burp represents our persistent cultural reality, with whatever paranoid idea run with, but not given a fuck in terms of elementary reasoning, is nothing short of depressing.

14. unearthly_red's rating of the film They Live

ok, Mr. Carpenter, I get it, we're all eating from the trash can of ideology all the time

15. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film They Live

16. Rafael Zen's rating of the film They Live

So they had a witty idea about how to discuss power in media society - and they were able to screen it in a powerful way, such a well designed black and white sci-fi world. I just don't get why they would show so little of it, turning the whole film into a crashing and bombing action packed testosterama. To me, it's a cool opportunity missed.

17. HKFanatic's rating of the film They Live

As an angsty teen, I latched on to "They Live's" anti-consumerist theme: the mainstream media is trying to keep us asleep, man! As an adult in 2017, reality is so much more complicated - but the beauty of Carpenter's film is that it holds up to contemporary readings. "They Live" is a smart, shrewd, and deliriously fun rollercoaster ride with a message of class division that resonates even more in the Trump Era.

18. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film They Live

Je m'attendais à un film un peu intellectuel sur l'influence des médias, au final un film d'action classique c'est années 80, bien bourrin et pas très malin. Kudos pour la scène de combat la plus longue et awkward et marrante du cinéma

19. FISCHER's rating of the film They Live

Scénario des plus intéressants, hélas gâché par un jeu d'acteurs fort misérable... www.cinefiches.com

20. tim's rating of the film They Live

21. vizija's rating of the film They Live

22. Kotryna's rating of the film They Live

23. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film They Live

Carpenter's most biting, caustic, and cutting film. This bizarre satire is even more relevant today than it was in the 1980s.

24. Nachtreich's rating of the film They Live