1. afuchs's rating of the film Thirty-One Means Trouble

A branch that is also a snake.

2. Diogo CF's rating of the film Thirty-One Means Trouble

Uma colagem deliberadamente opaca de narrativas, com referências visuais e intertextuais que estão ao serviço da falsa alegoria sociopolítica - falsa porque, tal como sucede com o fundo de crise económica n' As 1001 Noites, é apenas toca-e-foge. Não bastasse a distracção temática, também o estilo cómico faz com que a curta soe a um pedido de desculpas (um "perdoem-me esta brincadeira pós-moderna").

3. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Thirty-One Means Trouble

Mas alguém entende a penetração da experiência humana e da fantasia quotidiana no cinema (transformativo) como este homem? C'um caralho. E sempre um humor estético invejável. (A tip: Nothing here is of sociopolitial pretension. nada aqui tem alguma pretensão sociopolítica. O Gomes é um brincalhão.)

4. Joao Pedro Amorim's rating of the film Thirty-One Means Trouble

5. suede's rating of the film Thirty-One Means Trouble

3/10. Looks like an amateur vacation video. Apparently intended as a socio-political allegory of Portugal after the 1974 revolution. Weird. Occasionally quite funny, which it clearly intends to be.

6. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Thirty-One Means Trouble

7. Jason's rating of the film Thirty-One Means Trouble

I feel like I found a canister of film in a garbage dump and projected it on a dirty white sheet in a drainage ditch. On drugs. Uppers and downers. A confusing handful of mysterious pills. It depicts little slices from murky lives on a planet perhaps our own. The closing shot's suggestion that we are witnessing some kind of statement on the state of the Portuguese nation is clearly a piss-take (?).

8. anarresti's rating of the film Thirty-One Means Trouble

A weird object. That dodges any attempt to describe it with precision. I do think that I liked it a lot. It does relate to portuguese affairs. And what I would love is to find out what non natives felt about it. In the sense that an art object, when it is specific and good, it does become universal. I do feel that when watching Apichatpong films. Wonder how, for instance, a Thai viewer felt about this short film.