1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

I would argue that Glenn Gould is both a very significant artist, and one that is strangely overlooked by the world. Except in Canada. I think Canadians are too polite to protest this injustice. I think the film does a great job of shedding some light on this polymath genius.

2. spatss's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

Glenn Gould was a one of a kind interpreter and this is a very well produced film about him.

3. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

I love this film and have many of his recordings. I've also had the good fortune to work at a few Canadian instituions where GG performed on a regular basis. It was always amazing to see people journey from far and wide to have their photo taken in front of his plaque or a statue of his likeness. He was a true genius.

4. knockkneed's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

I'd prefer a biopic. The interviews inspire warm tears, but the vignettes are little more than hazy dreams of an admirer, weak efforts to etch features on a shadow. I especially dislike the sequences that devise mocking tones from the percussiveness of Gould's harpsichord-derived technique.

5. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

Why 32? Is 32 the magic number? Is 32 the age in which Glenn Gould first encountered Burger King? Is 32 his shoe size? Why 32? Why not 78? Godamnit why not 1086 because I want to know everything about Glenn Gould now.

6. Christian Depken's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

I'm a classical pianist, so I might have a slight bias, but this is one of the most beautiful films about the act of performance I've ever seen.

7. Burcu's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

".. for every hour you spend with other human beings, you need X number of hours alone. Now what that X represents l don't really know. whether it be two and seven-eighths or seven and two-eighths. but it's a substantial ratio. "

8. solar anus's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

9. Mugino's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

The most beautiful thing about this portrait is that it shows how 'eccentric' and 'solitary' don't necessarily mean 'lost' and 'lonely'.

10. Dzimas's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

Again, Coheed, great job!

11. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould