1. angelicidea's rating of the film This Is 40

Is this a comedy? A few minutes in and I am not so sure anymore.

2. smndvdcl's rating of the film This Is 40

"Can we just keep a small shred of mystery in our relationship?"

3. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film This Is 40

Rich and snarky (i.e. lovable) suburban business-owners with children make it meta in this collection of semi-improvised "crazy" situations. It's, well, you know, Apatow. I hate to admit how much I enjoyed it, even though the situations are often contrived to the max. Maybe because it's quite charmingly casted.

4. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film This Is 40

Being 40 looks pretty boring amirite?

5. Mia Khaleesi's rating of the film This Is 40

Very nice realistic movie about common subject-marriage. Told in a specific way, not usually what I go for but I still loved it. Probably the best movie of it's own kind.

6. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film This Is 40

7. Yayo's rating of the film This Is 40

8. Polly Dee's rating of the film This Is 40

I hate myself for giving a 3 and not a 1 or 2, because it was full of marriage and gender clichés and it was conservative (god why don't any characters in US movies just have abortions??). However, it was still nice to watch and I got attached to the characters, Paul Rudd is on point playing the asshole.

9. Samuel Donath's rating of the film This Is 40

1/2 a star. Couldn't stand this. ANNOYING, whining, privileged characters. This is the current state of the American comedy. SKIP IT

10. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film This Is 40

This is 40... minutes too long (2.5/5)

11. James Roth's rating of the film This Is 40

very dull with a few good moments

12. Quentin Carbonell's rating of the film This Is 40

Painful with a few drops of lol.

13. Polyglot's rating of the film This Is 40

14. José Neves's rating of the film This Is 40

15. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film This Is 40

chris o'dowd and lena dunham really help out this very strange sorta spin off sequel to knocked up

16. Charles Coleman's rating of the film This Is 40

Overlong, a few good scenes and the actors were good. Solid movie.

17. Lucas Granero's rating of the film This Is 40

Se trata de otro cabal ejemplo de la comedia entedida por Apatow: una serie de retazos de la vida cotidiana donde nada parece estar condimentado para la inmediata aceptación del público. La comedia de Apatow es una que intenta desarrollarse a través de momentos de melancólica amargura, una vida en la que se van sucediendo, de manera intermitente, canciones felices y canciones tristes. Ambas son partes de la vida.

18. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film This Is 40

Not a good movie, but inoffensive enough to kill some time with.

19. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film This Is 40

“This is 40” is simply a bad movie, lacking any type of smartness and denoting a great dose of childish talks and behaviors. Full Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2012/12/this-is-40-2012.html

20. girlsonvhs's rating of the film This Is 40

More like, ‘THIS IS 40 MINUTES TOO LONG’! (jumping high-five)

21. msmichel's rating of the film This Is 40

Charming and often bang-on depiction of life over 40. The worn expectations; the acceptance of daily life; the wonder of how did I get here, yet beneath it all the love for the family made. Overlong and in need of a greater edit yet a satisfying watch featuring a dynamite turn by Leslie Mann with strong support by the reliable Paul Rudd. Apatow's kids fit the bill well. Closing credits a total howl.

22. Easton Dubois's rating of the film This Is 40

No I don't think so, this is this. 40 is 40. You're welcome.

23. mjgildea's rating of the film This Is 40

I didn't want to like This is 40, but some of it was just too familiar to hate, even if I'm just nearly 40 myself. Seriously too long and for some reason the main characters seemed more tolerable here than they did in Knocked Up. Too many of the characters were in a haze where they should've either been beefed up or cut out entirely (probably the latter.) I wouldn't avoid it but don't knock yourself out to see it.

24. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film This Is 40

Maddening and disjointed, but that’s the way it’s meant to be. Apatow offers a new, more discerning type of Hollywood comedy. [LWL] ✮✮✮✮

← Previous 1 3 4