1. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film This Sporting Life

ugh I'm relating waaay too much to this toxic relationship

2. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film This Sporting Life

A “Raging Bull” before “Raging Bull,” and while not as amazing a film as that (because c’mon, it’s “Raging Bull”) it is pretty damn great in it’s own right, and the best showcase of British social realism I’ve yet seen.

3. Alex Pintică's rating of the film This Sporting Life

4. miles's rating of the film This Sporting Life

5. Perianu Lory's rating of the film This Sporting Life

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film This Sporting Life

A very compelling film. I found it much better than If which seems to be more highly regarded. This and Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner are the only two british kitchen sink films you need.

7. Dale Bentham's rating of the film This Sporting Life

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film This Sporting Life

8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-231

9. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film This Sporting Life

Importante filme que marca el inicio de una gran década británica. Anderson retrata a un personaje ambiguo. Una mezcla de Brando con La Motta, apasionado y hosco, sentimental y violento. Machin, el minero que por un "golpe de suerte" (y esto es literal) se volvió famoso. En paralelo, usará su misma agresividad para enamorar a una mujer que convive con un fantasma. Esa escena de sexo/violación es como el amor/odio.

10. Keith Fletcher's rating of the film This Sporting Life

My second favourite film of all time. Powerful and raw, the best of the British New Wave films of the late 50's/early 60's. Without this film, there would be no Raging Bull.

11. hella dumb and felling bad's rating of the film This Sporting Life

Bought this years ago and never finished watching.

12. Roscoe's rating of the film This Sporting Life

Admirable in pretty much every way.

13. The King of Resolven's rating of the film This Sporting Life

Although the music can be very unfitting, it still is a fantastic character study with an intense performance from Richard Harris. I think this film influenced a lot of the scenes from Raging Bull.

14. Andre Rehal's rating of the film This Sporting Life

A great movie, wonderfully directed, acted and shot. Not much else to say.

15. HobartLazaro's rating of the film This Sporting Life

16. Martin Wilson's rating of the film This Sporting Life

The similarities between this film and RAGING BULL, (content, structure, style), have been noted frequently. As impressive as Scorsese's film is, it's more one to admire at a distance. Anderson's masterpiece creates real flesh and blood people, with soul. RICHARD HARRIS, at his best, can play the sensitive brute better than anyone, including Brando or De Niro while RACHEL ROBERTS has the power of a Bergman actress.

17. Arcanus's rating of the film This Sporting Life

Excellent performance from Richard Harris in a loathsome character.

18. chrisperez's rating of the film This Sporting Life

Still amazing almost a year later. Richard Harris is astonishing.