1. Aaken's rating of the film Thoroughly Modern Millie

Lesser known musical, perhaps done too late when sexual revolution and hippies were all the rage, Millie is a hoot. It's totally goofy, with a cast that never takes itself seriously. The songs are a delight and so are Julie Andrews and Mary Tyler Moore. The title song refers to the Roaring 20's, when fashion and the mentalities were changing, as they were also in the late 60's. And yes, there is Pat Morita!

2. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Thoroughly Modern Millie

I hated nearly everything about this movie. I normally hate Carol Channing but the fact that Carol Channing is my favorite part goes to show just how much I disliked the movie as a whole. Would have been monumentally improved if half the characters were performed in drag.

3. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Thoroughly Modern Millie

A fun, "life in bubble" type of film.

4. redux's rating of the film Thoroughly Modern Millie

Julie Andrews sings at a Jewish wedding ā€“ just the obvious thing to do for somebody thoroughly modern ā€“ while thoroughy sinister Chinese fail to abduct a thoroughly irritating Carol Channing.

5. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Thoroughly Modern Millie

6. Eric Lachance's rating of the film Thoroughly Modern Millie

7. Bijoux Alexanderplatz's rating of the film Thoroughly Modern Millie

There's quite a bit I didn't like (the ending, some of the sillier -&not in a good way-parts) . But I laughed a lot, and enjoyed the main cast. It's also a film I think you can decide whether or not you'd like it by just reading the synopsis and cast list.

8. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Thoroughly Modern Millie

Generally zippy pastiche-piffle that gets by on sheer energy and dopey charm. All a bit of a sugar rush really but a pleasant diversion with peppy performances and a good feel for a re-imagined period whipping-up the paper-thin plot into a whirling dervish of silly fun. Probably the closest Aunt Edna got to a sixties loosening of her corset without flopping-out entirely at Woodstock.