1. Diderot's rating of the film Three Comrades

One of the most sustained expressions of melancholy hope that I know. The shot of Franchot Tone's face as he listens to Margaret Sullavan explain why she likes to imagine she has a child is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, the terror of existence in close-up.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Three Comrades

Superbe mélodrame fort mélancolique, teinté de romantisme et de compassion... www.cinefiches.com

3. Des Horne's rating of the film Three Comrades

My first Borzage. This guy certainly put a lot of care into his pictures. So much integrity.

4. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Three Comrades

I Guess this is my precious. The film that nobody cares and some hate, but that I love. My heart always goes out to these characters and their relationship. Sure, it's melodramatic but so are a lot of other classics of the period and like those other masterpieces, this film manages to make me believe in these characters too much for me to give a crap. Add to that all the wonderful Borzage touches and you have a gem

5. José Neves's rating of the film Three Comrades

"Desire" list: Robert Young # 1. And Margaret Sullavan's wounded voice and face.

6. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Three Comrades

Margaret Sullavan breathed special air. She was not quite one of us. You couldn't say she was a creature of the stage or screen because she wasn't someone you could categorize.

7. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Three Comrades

My formal introduction to Borzage! A strong 1930s post-war melodrama with three wonderful lead performances.