1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

A fitting ending for the Maestro, the chameleon called Marcello. "Please stop reading Carlos Casteneda!" I love the whole idea of negative anthropology. Great use of the pull-focus. The theme I took from it was the problem of the persuasive power of money. And lots of of other things that are cool!

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

>>> L'univers de Raul Ruiz, avec son humour, son hermétisme, son intelligence et sa constante richesse pour une œuvre étrange et bienvenue... www.cinefiches.com

4. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

As many good writers Ruiz got a little bit convoluted in later years. The result is obviously boring. I won't remember that much except the puns on Castaneda,

5. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

6. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

A sentimental favorite of mine-- excellent on its own merits, magical for the context in which I first saw it.

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

Marcello Mastroianni is a legend of Movie history. Even if he's not on the screen, you feel his presence and his voice so peculiar echoes in your head. Raoul Ruiz's Three Lives and Only One Death is in my opinion the last great movie he played in. The Fabergé Egg story invented by Bonitzer and Ruiz is a film worthy to stay in your library. Highly recommnended.

8. Pol's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

An interesting film with surrealist glimpses that surprisingly evolves ending up being something unexpected, and keeps the uniqueness of each of the histories masterly tangled.

9. Andre Lima's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

"My name is Legion, for we are many.", Mark,5:9.

10. mezcolanza's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

Excelente película, una historia original y muy bien contada.

11. ahermosilla's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

12. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

A+ Grade lunatic comedy with museographical mise-en-scene... wonderful!

13. objectadjective's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

Saw this in the theater when it came out and just loved it. Sadly, that small indie theater is no longer around, but I'm pleased to find this film living on here.

14. EdieEmm's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

I enjoyed this film tremendously - engaging dialogue, dark humour, delicious surrealism, with beautiful sets and camerawork... Ultimately, though, the film built too much on a premise, and towards a climax, that fell flat. 3.5

15. s8lal's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

16. msmichel's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

Great script by Pascal Bonitzer and director Ruiz brought to life by Marcello Mastroianni in one of his final screen performances. Four wonderful stories that are brought together equal parts whimsy, surrealistic, suspenseful and clever. Production values are top notch with performances to match, especially our main trio of actresses; Galiena, Paredes and Chiara Mastroianni. A total pleasure to watch.

17. Milenko Skoknic's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

"Lettre d'un cinéaste ou Le retour d'un amateur de bibliothèques" (1983) de #RaulRuiz, inserto en doc de Ian Christie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wp9yWTVjEk

18. TK BUCKLEY's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

Please stop reading Castaneda!

19. anthonybowman's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

What a beautiful, complex film. Blurring the line between dark & twisted and whimsical, this film begs for repeated viewing. Though he'd come to the end of his career by this time, Mastroianni is still at the top of his game.

20. Dargelosa's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

loved it, maistroianni always has a sweet surreal air about him.

21. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

VERY kinky film. I guffawed throughout (loved the hammer in the head!) but was slightly let down by the ending, which should have been more magic-realist.

22. Drew Millay's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

23. metred uly's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

I lived and worked with people like Mastroianni's character. Each time I watch this film I am reminded of the complexities of schizophrenia and how so many live in society with this mental illness and are not only socially successful, but vicious in their ability to manipulate others. Although it's a bit fantastic and perhaps mild by way of someone with schizophrenia, what a nice introduction to madness!

24. REH1101's rating of the film Three Lives and Only One Death

Ruiz is the preeminent wizard of pathological psychology.