1. Renton47's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Who inspires, more than Kiarostami, the idea of cinema as living entity in conversation with us and itself? I think what compels cinephiles, especially here, is the importance placed on things beyond the frame - the factors creating cinema beyond the auteur. The thesis of this trilogy. Wrapping my head around the interplay of reality and film in Koker was like endless nesting dolls. The use of side mirror, my god.

2. Erik F.'s rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

3. Sander Moyson's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Love: a force both strong and weak, big and small, free and constrained, as it shimmers in vain in the humble eyes of these characters.

4. José Neves's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

35mm, rewatched. How many layers fit in this movie? How many simultaneities of representation? The world as form and representation, form of representation and vice versa? In the extraordinary final frame, its duration is both its visibility and its perceptual difficulty-how many levels to look at in this image? What filmmaker gives us so much imagery (and sound) breeding now, and so naturally?

5. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

6. Kamran's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Kiarostami illustrates through romance the soul's will to persevere. He forms a grand tapestry of life and artifice, of reality and illusion. Kiarostami is the master of weaving film art and realism. 87/100 - Excellent (4.5)

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Sur le principe du film dans le film, une oeuvre respectable... www.cinefiches.com

8. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

9. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Kiarostami once said "I don't mind if people sleep during my films. as long as they dream about them afterwards". In doing so, he basically described me watching this. Still on the brain.

10. xuxuxush's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

A curious work that suggests, in a myriad of little ways, that life cannot conform to art--from the recalcitrant actors who for various reasons cannot say their lines, to the oddly substanceless and asymmetrical off-camera relationship between the on-camera couple, to that last shot that resolutely keeps the viewer (and director) at bay. We are reminded of the limits of representation, and the opacity of others.

11. J0NS's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

12. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

13. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

A great film from a great filmmaker, truly masterpiece, Kiarostami proves his directorial grace and greatness....

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

I'm hoping for a box set of the trilogy so that I can study their subtle through-lines. When I first saw this, it was like attending a friend's wedding-- at long last.

15. Muraki's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

16. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

o eco. os vasos de flores. o branco.

17. Selman Yasir Sezgin's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Unpredictable scenario and artistic scenes.

18. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Abbas Kiarostami completes his Koker Trilogy with this daring piece of minimalism. Looking back on it as a whole, this is one of cinema's most complex and meditative trilogies, and also amongst its finest!

19. Osman Yüksel's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Finali güçlü... ama genel anlamda Kiarostami'nin diğer filmlerinden daha zayıf...

20. Mr. Dude_o_o's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

A huge favorite of mine. Probably the best ending I have ever seen...

21. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

Final scene just kill me. A 21 century film!

22. aikeart's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

¡Así se termina una triología!

23. syimi, une femme!'s rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

i was so happy to see the boys from "where is the friend's home" haha!

24. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Through the Olive Trees

This film is a cinematic masterpiece.