1. Wasunan T's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

2. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

3. dordairobert's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

4. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

5. ughchenausea's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

6. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

Crazy stuff. Terayama is the ultimate scream against conformism. You can think it does not get much further than green images and formal/superficial protest but i find the film really violent and edgy. Poetry and rock´n roll is more or less his moto. It reminded me a lot of "Funeral parade of roses" of course but even more radical. Cinema does not get much more political than that.

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

At the end of the movie the main character describes his dream of an airplane. ".. I was falling and falling ... I don't know why ... and as I was falling I thought, 'There's nothing to hold on to.'" I think Prince said it best, "I embarked on a journey more fascinating than I could ever imagine, but a word to the wise to the young artists without spiritual guidance. Too much freedom can lead to spiritual decline."

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

9. Anthony De Luca's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

Proto-punk rage. Youthful observations about how pointless everything really is, how cowardly and immoral grown-ups can be and the feeling of teenage helplessness are themes expertly recognised. A punch in the chest. A call to arms. A soundtrack that will blow your head off. Way ahead of its time.

10. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

A strong and unusual pearl of cinema, punkish and uncontrolled : wich is its strength and its weakness.

11. citycat2020's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

солнце заикается, поднимаясь между домами

12. Gonçalo Araújo's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

13. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

People dreaming of something fictional like mono no aware, blathering about Ozu, Zen living this chaotic world and you just wanna exactly yell at them "throw away your books, rally in the streets" as this is the only way dreams could win over reality.

14. B o g d a n's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

15. Cindy's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

gritty, psychedelic fury

16. Roberto Carlos's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

17. MIRZBOW's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

"...Instead of sending me Marx's "Das Kapital", my father sent me "How to Succeed Without Trying!" A fat lot he cares!"

18. La quinta luna's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

19. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

20. mnovaes's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

mais punk que o punk antes do punk existir.

21. batarde's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

Least favourite Terayama.

22. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

"I envy those few yards of sky where you flew"

23. peaches and plums's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

24. aiymanmourad's rating of the film Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

I HAVE A HEART THAT WHISTLES EVERYWHERE