1. bouvardila's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Feels like this movie is dedicated to me, literally.

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Another slice off the never-ending loaf of awkward coming-of-age sagas. Since adolescent angst is pretty much locked in these films, all one can do is observe the configuration of the deck furniture: restless camerawork, curated soundtrack, dour colour palette and some unlikely homilies from Reeve's Orthodontist. Sweet, innocuous and largely forgettable before the next gauche teenager sulks into view.

3. Thomas's rating of the film Thumbsucker

An unexpected 'indie' delight. Keanu Reeves steals the show.

4. benjamin.br@hotmail.co.uk's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Features a wonderfully tremulous central performance from then newcomer Lou Taylor Pucci as the maladjusted, thumb sucking teen Justin more than ably supported by Vincent D'Onofrio and Tilda Swinton as his functionally dysfunctional parents. Also an amusingly bizarre turn from Keanu Reeves as Justin's Orthodondist come spiritual guardian a la Wings of Desire. Has a pumping soundtrack too. Its a thumbs up from me...

5. taniaburrito's rating of the film Thumbsucker

6. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Lou Taylor Pucci is fantastic on this one. Nice and original approach about responsibilities, being an adult and addictions.

7. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Thumbsucker

A very enjoyable coming-of-age movie from indie-American director Mike Mills. Not as powerful as 'Beginners', but there's some great acting and some really good writing in it. And I loved those few slow-motion sequences where Mills turns the soundtrack louder. A few of the characters develop unexpectedly in the second half and will stay with me for long. Now I'm looking even more forward to '20th Century Women'!

8. Hummus's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Not as cynical as I expected, more-so endearing. Keanu's hair!

9. anthony's rating of the film Thumbsucker

A cross between The Breakfast Club and Requiem of a Dream maybe... a surpringly surprising sweet story of a slightly awkard kid going through ups and downs of adolesence

10. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Easy to watch coming of age movie. Not earth-shattering but pretty enjoyable overall.

11. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Despite ticking a lot of the boxes on the "oh look, we're a HIP INDIE FILM checklist" (the character quirks, the mellow soundtrack, the moments of angst and philosophising, etc), Thumbsucker still works well thanks to the main performances. The fact that Keanu Reeves almost steals the show with his smaller supporting turn also helps.

12. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Our Daily Free Stream: Thumbsucker (german dubbed). Manche Eltern benehmen sich wie Eltern, andere wollen unsere besten Freunde sein. Wahrscheinlich sind die idealen Eltern beides und vielleicht führt nur die eine Rolle zu einer unglücklichen Teenagerzeit. Oder ist die Teeniezeit sowieso unglücklich? Wie dem auch sei.(...)

13. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Thumbsucker

The vignettes feel a tad disconnected but Pucci sells it. Keanu Reeves, Vincent D'Onofrio, Tilda Swinton, and Vince Vaughn give valuable performances around the outside.

14. seakat's rating of the film Thumbsucker

I liked the story, the sequence is uncommon.

15. antibody's rating of the film Thumbsucker

you know we're all about that #PUCCIFEST

16. galuh indri's rating of the film Thumbsucker

"Its because we all wanna be problem less, to fix ourselves. We look for some magic solution to make us all better...but no. Its just we don't really know what were doing. And why is that so bad? That's all we humans can do. I guess, try, hope. Just pray you don't fool yourself into thinking about the answer. Cause that's bullshit. The trick is living without an answer. I think." -Perry Lyman

17. Tuani Mallmann's rating of the film Thumbsucker

The trick is leaving without the answer!

18. Robby Justiss's rating of the film Thumbsucker

I never thought I'd say this but...Keanu Reeves makes this movie.

19. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Plays around with all the indie habits (3.6/5)

20. Lutka's rating of the film Thumbsucker

WTF?! forced plot with nothing to conclude, I have the impression like the author was also surprised to a development of the story...but unfortunately, he continued & finished it.

21. Cassandra Niki's rating of the film Thumbsucker

I think the plot should've been told differently, but the end was lovely. Pucci and Reeves performed really well too.

22. Nelson's rating of the film Thumbsucker

23. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Lou Taylor Pucci needs to be in more films. This is quite a gem of a film.

24. saptarshi's rating of the film Thumbsucker

Wait, wasn't there a book first? And Keanu Reeves, was really surprisingly underwhelming. I can't believe how the most talented actor of his generation fumbled so badly.