1. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film THX 1138

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film THX 1138

Competent but dour assemblage of familiar dystopian themes and tropes. As with most of these things, the projection of then contemporary concerns are as interesting as any exaggerations of a predicted future. It's rather more the son of Huxley and Orwell than a presage to Star Wars, although it's certainly the sour to that film's sweet in the small Lucas canon. Aesthetically striking if thematically hackneyed.

3. msmichel's rating of the film THX 1138

director's cut 'THX-1138' represents an interesting entry in Lucas' filmography showing us what kind of films he might have made if he had gone in an artistic direction instead of a commercial one. Technically impressive if lacking humanity (applicable here perhaps) the films antiseptic and bureaucratic future is a fascinating one.

4. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film THX 1138

My short review on Letterboxd: goo.gl/4PxtXM

5. Bob's rating of the film THX 1138

By looking at the year of its release, main cast and the simple fact that it's a debut from "Star Wars" creator in a form of serious and existential sci-fi film - it comes as an underwhelming flick. Ambitious set designs are only redeeming factor in a movie that has zero suspense. Screenplay is made of numbers and letters that should build a plot while pedestrian characters are running from the point A to the point B

6. petit astronaute's rating of the film THX 1138

7. samuele90's rating of the film THX 1138

Praticamente la versione cinematografica di Ti PorterĂ² Via di Pelosi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBGifmr7UmM) E gli inserti in CGI di Lucas sono criminali.

8. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film THX 1138

The Director's Cut with the new ILM special effects added is stunning.

9. daniroelleb's rating of the film THX 1138

good movie, will come back with a full review later once i revisit it there's still some things i want to sift out of the plot.

10. Joao Domingues's rating of the film THX 1138

The lack of dialogue. A neon white rectangle hanging on infinite whiteness, Lucas makes himslef aware by the glowing edges of it. It's substrate for so many modern storylines

11. Silbutamal's rating of the film THX 1138

12. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film THX 1138

When Star Wars like holograms meet sterile like Aldous Huxley surveillance controlled world. It's more like a trippy ride around the aesthetics of such world than actually understanding it. The silence over the context drives the audience to assume some possible political elements though. With the timing of its released in mind, we can see some visual experiments to be improved in the following Star Wars series.

13. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film THX 1138

14. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film THX 1138

15. ceknklsn's rating of the film THX 1138

16. Jim Fear's rating of the film THX 1138

"I think we just ran over a Wookie"

17. smndvdcl's rating of the film THX 1138

If only George Lucas could go back to this mode of film-making. Masses of experimental potential flogged for the franchise industry.

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film THX 1138

I remember telling my Star Wars friends, aged 10, that they should check out an earlier Lucas movie. They never did, as far as I know.

19. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film THX 1138

I didn't understand much of what was going on...

20. ikkini's rating of the film THX 1138

Sublime conte d'anticipation, graphiquement puissant de par son minimalisme et sa rigueur.

21. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film THX 1138

1971, dir. GEORGE LUCAS - 7/10 (USA)

22. Henrique Amud's rating of the film THX 1138

Half genius sci-fi, half annoying experimental/existentialist shit.

23. ju's rating of the film THX 1138

24. Joel's rating of the film THX 1138

A fascinating micro-cosm of what was to come, but perhaps more enjoyable due to it's scale. A good shake out of some great ideas.