Para uma melhor experiência no MUBI, atualize seu navegador.

1. syalikhnazrul's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

2. anna conneally's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

This is a very visually pleasing film - the colours, the outfits, the scene in the bathtub. However, it’s obviously deeply problematic to romanticise abuse - this film comes across less ‘kinky’ than it does straight up romanticisation of stalking, kidnap and rape - which is a big shame.

3. The Rosewalls's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Gaudy in a late 20th century way. Provocatively racy, but somehow safe. So, sex and violence, but not particularly erotic or menacing. Having watched some Fellini recently, this felt like a Spanish equivalent, but with a nod to American 80's romantic comedies.

4. Shahriar Khan's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

A sense that a climax was withheld, so much was set up for a grand third act coming together of all the conflicting elements but it just fizzles out. Nevertheless, captivating up to then!

5. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Call me sick, but I thought it was sweet. I expect to hate him, to find her foolish for falling, but in the end you understand how two troubled souls need this screwed up situation to love.

6. Santiago Sifneidel Galdós's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

7. Henry12345's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

love is always a kidnapping.

8. Chris Stott's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

A crazy horror romcom. What to make of it? There are moments of genuine horror, genuine comedy and genuine tenderness, but combining them all in the central relationship is hugely problematic, and ultimately it can't convince. Still worth the watch, as are all of Amodovar's movies.

9. Sean Patrick Neun's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

The story itself is more of a three-star affair but the execution of it and the fact that you will simply know you are watching Almodóvar raise the rating here. Good film, very satisfying and well-thought ending.

10. fabiomaiajr's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

11. mcnameelorcan's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

The message of this film is a little troubling – if you are a good looking, slightly unbalanced orphan and fall in love with an actress, go ahead and kidnap her, beat her up, tie her to a bed and she is bound to fall for you. Not very MeToo, but it is done with such energy, colour and style that it is hard not to enjoy it. Antonio Banderas is suitably deranged, and the script is sharp and funny. Very Almodovar.

12. Raquel's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

13. SMCC100's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Antonio Banderas looks about 12 in this.

14. updra's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Wonderfully Hitchcockian in places, and yet classically Almodovar! Wonderful film

15. kateri's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

I love this film, but a lot of people miss the point of it. It's not a romance. It's a horror film about heterosexual romance tropes, and it's terrifying and brilliant.

16. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

3.5 Clearly the subject matter is highly problematic: Stockholm Syndrome seen through the lens of a romantic comedy. However, seen as a heightened dark satire on conventional heterosexual love stories in which one protagonist seeks to persuade an initially reluctant other that they are truly worth loving it moves into focus: it is problematic - but then so is much that passes as normal. Abril and Banderas excel.

17. Andrew's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Nymphomaniac vol. 0. A shot of exuberant silly sexuality to an 80s art house scene stuck in seriousness and sexual-noir now is riotously Hetro-problematic in a 2020s art house scene keeling over from worthiness and identity politics. It’s just fun, we’re smart enough to get its not a plan of action in the real world.

18. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! just didn’t really work for me. I didn’t find it interesting enough, I didn’t find it good enough in the black comedy department, and I didn’t feel that anything was truly earned. Almodóvar directs well enough, staying true to the course that he has plotted for the characters, and the leads are great.

19. Cainan's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

É interessante observar como as personagens lidam com seus vícios, isso é retratado de forma crua, sem muitos tabus. No entanto o pensamento polido pelo politicamente correto pode criar barreiras com o desenrolar da trama, vale observar de outro modo, enxergar a crítica posta à relações humanas (do amor à dependência emocional).

20. João Pedro Spagnollo's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

interessante como é moralmente ambíguo (necessariamente considerando a temática sexual [~kinky~] etc.) e ainda assim faz questão de colocar isso em jogo. síndrome de estocolmo dita em voz alta e justificada pelo tesão: e tudo bem (?)

21. Xiang Li's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

I need Antonio Banderas to kidnap me so I can get to know him and fall in love with him in just 0.000003ms

22. Mayra Duarte de Carvalho's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Infelizmente este foi um dos piores filmes que eu já assisti do Almodóvar. Eu detesto ver relações abusivas. Marina é oprimida duas vezes na trama, por ser mulher e pela profissão do passado. É desrespeitada por todos. Assisti até a metade do filme e não consegui dar continuidade por conta do asco. Amo o Antonio Banderas, mas dessa vez não deu pra mim.

23. Maitê Cardamone's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Needless to say, the movie's plot is quite problematic on it's own, a girl who falls in love with her kidnapper... Maybe a good depiction of Stockholm Syndrome, but still troublesome as it does not actually apply any form of punishment to the kidnapper. I do believe Almodóvar's intentions with this piece was to cause "fuss". Either way, the colors are beautiful and create a whole new world.

24. @viniladisko's rating of the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!

Esse filme é uma alegoria aos relacionamentos abusivos e a dependência emocional. O título já é uma grande dica disso: “ata-me!” Note que temos uma ordem imperativa pela qual o emissor ordena que o destinatário amarre-o, prenda-o, cerceie a sua liberdade. Almodóvar, mais uma vez, brinca com a alegoria do absurdo, para gerar a reflexão do telespectador. (Cont. nos comentários)