1. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

2. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

With a handheld DV camera Wang films the life inside the factories of a declining industrial district somewhere in China. This film sketches decline in a unique way. It eventually manages to outline particular aspects of China. Industrial, immersive, dystopic and implicitly political.

3. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

A monumental achievement! Only long takes can « tracks » in details the ruin of the old China and his consequences for the workers let behalf. Cant believe with a tiny « cheap » DV camera (add a really realistic view) you can do a coliseum picture like this one! (left 5 hours lol!!!)

4. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

One of the greatest and most important documentary films ever made. I look forward to viewing Remnants and Rails to complete the three films. Essential.

5. peder's rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

Where do one get a hold of this? It isn't available for me on MUBI, and I can't seem to find it anywere else either.

6. Ashley Shen Y J's rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

Portrayals of the voiceless' plight has been dominating the discourse of contemporary Chinese art house cinema. When can we see a film from a different perspective altogether? It's tiring to see one side of the story all the time.

7. Doc Block's rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

Massive & a stark naked look at the crumbling of an empire within the China's post cultural revolution. The children of Mao here don't yield books and bat, but rather hang on to dear life in the massive Tie Xu district of Shenyang. The casualties of a transformed economy I would admit that it's much better than Antonioni's Chung Kuo China even though potentially there's actually in it worthy of being banned strangely

8. Aquieu's rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

“Great leaders past and future. Lead us to a grand new age. Oh! Guide us forward on our way. Onward to a grand new age. Sing The East is Red! Arise! The future is in our hands...” --- “ Let us tell a tale of spring. Reform and opening, great prosperity. Guide us forward on our way. Lead us to a grand new age. Hold the banner high. Here begins the future... Here begins the future!"

9. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust

"Almost undeniably the greatest documentary I've ever seen; almost undeniably the greatest film I've ever seen." I was about to say the exact same thing. I haven't seen a film that is as complete or as comprehensive. Crude Oil doesn't even come close.