1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Time Regained

2. José Neves's rating of the film Time Regained

35mm, rewatched, re-rated. Between the first time i saw it and now, i read Proust's magna opera and that was exactly the reason that led me to re-approach a film by a filmmaker of whom i very much care and a writer that i admire and, again i realize that the meeting is a failed one. On one hand, the recurrences of ideas and times through literary phrases can never find a cinematographic writing as an illustration...

3. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Time Regained

A clash of titans: Marcel Proust, Raul Ruiz, and the giant that is industrialized french cinema - and we're stuck in the middle.

4. Nicolás Araya's rating of the film Time Regained

Flashback dentro de otro flashback. Un laberinto por los recuerdos de Proust. Ruiz fue Borges.

5. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Time Regained

The story is a snooze-fest, with bland characters. But the cinematography!!!! I was spellbound enough to forgive the ultimate filmmaking sin of a boring story. A story told through the perspective of one ever-hovering, levitating cloud, which we're all invited to take a ride on for the duration of the film.

6. Ethan's rating of the film Time Regained

This is a stunning film about memory and loss.

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film Time Regained

As a gateway into Proust's mastery, an accessible biopic; his surrounding milieu of early 20th century French aristocratic life is authentically depicted. Superimposed apparitions, montages of time, an ellipsis of colliding memories, linearity playfully manipulated; the blur of each soirée, a canvas of aesthetic and sensory inception, even if it is not definitive in articulating his poetry beyond sight and sound. 3.5

8. Howard Orr's rating of the film Time Regained

Exquisitely choreographed magical realist take on Proust; those memories both sweet and bitter, but also not a little of the disillusionment of the present that drove Proust into his self-imposed exile on Boulevard Hausmann. Like Proust's masterwork, the great films implant something in us that cannot be satisfied by the film itself; not an ending but a beginning, an awakening of a forgotten life.

9. Steve Thompson's rating of the film Time Regained

Magnificent film-making. I haven't read Proust but this gives the impression of being one of the finest literary adaptations in cinema. Enigmatic, complex and subtle in execution with wonderful acting, compelling cinematography and the master touch of a directorial genius throughout.

10. raggiodisole's rating of the film Time Regained

what a whopper! Not certain of its fidelity to the original text, but its captures the vagaries of memory very well

11. Benji's rating of the film Time Regained

I really dont like John Malkovitch anymore - or if I ever did - he ruined it for me.

12. msmichel's rating of the film Time Regained

Perhaps my favorite literary adaptation period.Ruiz perfectly realized Proust's 'rememberance of things passed" series by structuring his film in a Proustian fashion.There is no true story on display here but a series of memories and recollections as a man reflects back on his life and his work. Cinematic in the extreme, perfectly re-creating the time period with wonderful performances all around. Near perfection.

13. Anastasia's rating of the film Time Regained

Someone actually attempted a film version of Proust? I'm intrigued...

14. Andrei Herea's rating of the film Time Regained

Reminiscent of Eternity and a Day, Time Regained is a poignant film and a delightful experience through the numerous paths of one's life. A foray into memories engulfed by all of life's senses. Universal and charismatic. One of my favourite films of his without doubt.

15. lauli's rating of the film Time Regained

I just LOVED this film. It's mystifying, melancholy, haunting... The music, the perfect cinematography, not to mention the period reconstruction, make it just perfect. Emmanuelle Beart might prompt me to change my sexual orientation, she's that perfect!

16. Olivier Bélanger's rating of the film Time Regained

17. sandwiches's rating of the film Time Regained

Brilliant adaptation. The only way Proust could, or should, ever be filmed.

18. Neither/Nor's rating of the film Time Regained

Feigning dignity in the name of the obvious. Not even Proust can be accused of dulling the life out of dullness.

19. Roscoe's rating of the film Time Regained

A marvelous, moving, thrilling film.