1. FISCHER's rating of the film Time Without Pity

Une oeuvre fort "speedée", d'une constante efficacité, nerveuse et débridée, à l'étonnant final qui se place parmi les premiers grands films de Joseph Losey... www.cinefiches.com

2. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Time Without Pity

I didn't like TIME WITHOUT PITY at first; watching Minnelli and Preminger as much as I have, I wasn't really initially prepared to enjoy the tight, claustrophobic, punctual rhythms both within Losey's short individual shots & within the way those shots often bounce off each other like a fixed, causal chain. By TWP's end, I was more or less devastated by the sheer force of the events--Oh, & by Redgrave's performance.

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Time Without Pity

A lot of mirrors in this adaptation of a stage play. I must confess that the idea of an investigation made by a man who's drunk half the time is original and that Michael Redgrave deserved the BAFTA nomination he earned for his performance. I also liked a lot the hysterical behaviour of Leo McKern. in short, it's a kind of 24 Hours shot more than 50 years ago. Cinema always arises from its own ashes. Recommended.