1. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film To Joy

Expressive of the titular joy which is a fundamental element of being, in spite of everything else.

2. postblueink's rating of the film To Joy

7/10 (... . 08. 2016). May-Britt Nilsson!

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film To Joy

4. Tutu888's rating of the film To Joy

Good early Bergman. To me Stig seems to be an alter ego of Bergman himself: neurotic, ambitious and victim of Christian guilt.

5. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film To Joy

A great early film from Bergman, which serves as a great precursor to his later works. It is as tragic as it is beautiful, simply a wonderful movie!

6. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film To Joy

Sin duda, la más "alegre" historia realizada por el sueco. Bergman sigue con los relatos de amantes que luchan por reprimir sus frustraciones, los cuales salpican hacia sus también frustrados amantes, armándose por fin el drama o incluso hasta la tragedia. En "Hacia la felicidad" sucede esto, más por culpa de la fatalidad. Dentro de las peleas, crisis y separaciones, hay un enorme espacio para la felicidad misma.

7. Ben Dooley's rating of the film To Joy

An emotional tale of a young violinist, whose egotistical desire to become a great artist makes him cruel, but who learns from his wife and children that life is more important. It's an expertly told Ophuls/Lean-like melodrama of the art world. And highly cinematic - in the use of roaming cameras throughout; in the use of abstract visuals of white/black; and in scenes shot in natural settings. Terrific faces too.

8. Samuel T.'s rating of the film To Joy

"We've both been struck by clarity. With clarity comes disgust. It's a natural consequence."

9. Minu's rating of the film To Joy

I find a sentimental emphasis uncharacteristic to any other film of Bergman, but maybe he awaited his pleiad of actors with whom he worked his entire career.

10. A47's rating of the film To Joy

"I'll tell you the secret of real art. It's created when you're unhappy."

11. Worm's rating of the film To Joy

It can stand on it's own alright, but really looks quite small when put in the context of a Bergman film.

12. viivahate's rating of the film To Joy

It isn't one of my favourites but you can see the impact of betrayals in Bergman's life (if you read "the magic lantern" you will know what I'm talking about). At first I thought that this could be an "happy bergman", silly me...

13. cinemaofdreams's rating of the film To Joy

A foreshadowing of the masterworks to come. 4/5.

14. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film To Joy

much better than some of the later Bergman I've seen

15. Jane de Deus's rating of the film To Joy

16. chanandre's rating of the film To Joy

[Cinémathèque PT #430: 35 mm] (2006)

17. SAMMAX's rating of the film To Joy

Although the most part of the film is quite normal, the ending is splendid.

18. Eric Maquilon's rating of the film To Joy

This is Bergman at his finest. It's life changing!