1. Mariel Guajardo's rating of the film To Kill a Man

2. Nan Bauer's rating of the film To Kill a Man

Shades of the Coen Brothers at their darkest. a thug steals a man's diabetes test, as it's the only thing he has that might possibly be sold at a profit, then goes after his kids. The man, Jorge, finally gets revenge. Quietly suspenseful, the movie shows just what it takes to push an ordinary man to violence, as well as the price exacted. Fine acting by Daniel Candia as Jorge.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film To Kill a Man

Fairly cut and dried revenge flick. Nothing we have not seen before. Decent performances and great cinematography but the final 20 or so minutes drag on for what seems forever. Don't understand the high praise - it certainly doesn't deserve it.

4. Ryan Theodores's rating of the film To Kill a Man

Reminded me of Manuscripts Don't Burn in that both look at killing as a dispassionate act.

5. mpho3's rating of the film To Kill a Man

"A grim, fat-free revenge thriller ... bearing some of the eerie social disquiet of pre-eminent Chilean auteur Pablo Larrain’s work, though with less symbolic sophistication and political subtext." - Guy Lodge, Variety. For some reason I was unsettled by the dead center framing of nearly every scene and only reluctantly accept the ending. Positives: the film's score and lead's performance. 3.5 stars

6. Nick Potter's rating of the film To Kill a Man

A good, slow burn, which just means the director knows how to control tension and pace. The cinematography doesn't call attention to itself, but several scenes are framed just perfectly.

7. Max Seqgar's rating of the film To Kill a Man

Made for TVish, but good!

8. Ben Loory's rating of the film To Kill a Man

woulda been a great short

9. Eric Adkins's rating of the film To Kill a Man

Disintegration of a local community and it's barrios "pranksters" affect a worn, but near-sustaining family life to a point of implode of pain, dread and "moral" destruction. After passive (legal), then aggressive (vigil) courses of action ante up to become a tight in your jaw, personal, back-to-primal drama about one mans' peaceful life becoming out of balance when a low down bully exercises his unchecked freedom.

10. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film To Kill a Man

El estilo de la película se siente impostado, siguiendo la fórmula del minimalismo latinoamericano que tanto parece gustar en los festivales de cine del primer mundo. Sin embargo, rescataría del discurso su crítica a la burocracia inoperante del sistema de justicia.

11. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film To Kill a Man

A Variety review called this a "slow burning" revenge story. But the film never reaches full burn, dotted by a minimal use of music (just the ominous sounds of nature), flimsy characters and frequent long shots that distance the viewer. The plot is also minimal -- evil man injures nice guy's son and harasses family, nice guy erupts in anger. We've seen this before. But the artful direction raised this slightly.

12. corycorycorycory's rating of the film To Kill a Man

3.5 out of 5. I thought the pacing in this was awesome. I kept equating it to "Gran Tarino" as a joke, but it crept to kind of be the case.

13. T Mills's rating of the film To Kill a Man

A brilliant, perfectly executed film about crime and justice.

14. Danny Ballard's rating of the film To Kill a Man

It held my attention but there's nothing special or original here.

15. klofter's rating of the film To Kill a Man

A solid morality play with some very well-composed shots and a somewhat ambiguous ending. The film holds all its characters at arm's length so we never really get a sense of who they are but the central plot in itself is compelling enough that we follow along.

16. Miggy Angel's rating of the film To Kill a Man

17. 2multo's rating of the film To Kill a Man

Eerily frightening and disturbingly human--probably too human to easily forget. Excellent film!

18. David Richards's rating of the film To Kill a Man

Pretty good crime drama, very different from vigilante and revenge films I'm familiar with from the U.S. I liked the contrast between urban and rural settings. Housing projects with strange, zig-zag stairs and enclosed galleries reminded me of factories and mills I remember from small New England towns. I also liked the spooky soundtrack, low notes from oboes or bassoons laid over high strings.

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film To Kill a Man

It's still a stupid revenge film even if it does well in Sundance.

20. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film To Kill a Man

Though it's in fact set in the years before 27th February 2010, this works as an evocation of post-earthquake Chile - sordid, bureaucratic, precarious, dehumanised and hence depressing. Fernández speaks to me far more than the country's genre flicks which, even when well made, invariably deal with the privileged wealthy minority and/or first-world tourists.

21. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film To Kill a Man

A simple, yet absorbing plot, practical direction, capable performances, and thorough image compositions, were in the basis of its favorable outcomes.

22. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film To Kill a Man

★★★ hard and dry revenge.

23. Kamran's rating of the film To Kill a Man

24. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film To Kill a Man

"El director chileno omite los tiempos muertos presente en sus primeras películas a fin de gestar un filme más catárquico, algo que dependerá de secuencias tensas que en su mayoría se premeditan. El problema de la trama surge cuando ya sabemos qué vendrá más adelante. El final es tal vez la cuota sorpresiva, muy a pesar con un alargue innecesario..." http://bit.ly/1kuug3q