1. Nathan Silva's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

Ótimo pra intelectualzinho metido que aguenta 3 horas de uma narrativa primitiva, linguagem masturbatória e desnecessária para uma história absolutamente simples. Para nós, reles mortais, apenas um eficaz sonífero.

2. lulis's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

"era Ana minha enfermidade, ela a minha loucura, ela o meu respiro, a minha lâmina, meu arrepio, meu sopro"

3. thedudeabides's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

Poetry in the form of pure cinema. Each speaks a verse. Each scene, a stanza.

4. Rafaela_D's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

You will either love it or hate it. In my case, definitely l-o-v-e-d it. Certainly one of my favorites... Marvelous filmmaking!

5. Larissa Figueiredo's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

It's a kind of masterpieces that we don't see anymore. it's a shame that the world didn't had the right opportunity to know Carvalho's work.

6. ek79's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

My best brazilian movier ever.

7. Linda Crisan's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

I'd like to have this film playing on the walls of my room, or possibly every building I pass.

8. Nathan Heintz's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

Beautifully shot, but trying way too hard.

9. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film To the Left of the Father

A masterpiece yet to be discovered by so many people. Criterion Collection should do justice to this and release their first Brazilian film in the collection. Had it been released on Cannes, instead of the Toronto Film Festival, it would surely have been awarded the Palm D'Or (or at least the Best Director prize).