1. Adam GR's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

I like the color palette. Pierre-Yves Cardinal is crudely incensing. Évelyne Brochu plays a three-dimensional slut. Aesthetically fits the film perfectly, but I wish Xavier Dolan would stay behind the camera!

2. Лиич's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

3. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

4. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Hauntingly melancholic. Beautifully tense. Loved the dark mood. Loved acting, Cinematography felt so pale, i loved it. Use of music is better than Les Amours Imaginaires. Rewatch for Xavier and for a need of a good thriller

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Avec une solide assurance conjecturant une constatation intime de la connexité entre homophobie et inconscient désir pédérastique, Xavier Dolan nous livre une âcre et incisive immersion dans l'ambivalence de la nature humaine, assurant avec plénitude et décontraction une interprétation toute en finesse et en naturel... www.cinefiches.com

6. redux's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

It made me hypothesize about filmmaking that takes a slightly implausible premise, and keeps adding unlikely, illogical bits to it, this way challenging its audience into actively thinking about its theme. Then, about forty minutes in, I couldn't deny any further it's just crappy writing.

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Difficult to watch because of the masochism. Thank goodness Sarah didn't put up with Francis. The acting was quite good, but I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone.

8. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

3.5/5 E' forse uno dei migliori di Dolan, fra quelli che ha fatto.

9. Lourenço Cadete's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

My least favourite Dolan's film I think

10. Chris's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

very different from dolan's other works, but he still manages to succeed in his exploration of other genres while keeping the style that he's known for now

11. Balthaz21's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

12. Karina Castro's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Four stars for the precise script, but also for the film language used in this film.

13. Ameille's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

14. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Sincèrement, j'ai pas compris l'enthousiasme pour ce film masochiste finalement très convenu sur le désir refoulé. La rudesse érotique nous est servie comme si elle était encore capable de faire naître une émotion. Là, on en éprouve aucune.

15. Dan's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

An adjusted rating: Bits of it kept coming back throughout the evening and leaked into my dreams.

16. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Beautiful movie about everything that comes with the responsibility of loving while being an human being. Amazing visuals that scream fear but hope at the same time. Craw; it leads you into gasping moments, tearing moments and it gives you the shivers on the majority of the scenes. It's perfect, and all the music is great. Very well done, so much better than Les Amours Imaginaires.

17. samuele90's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Un Dolan mai così frocio. (Sì, sto a rosica perché io a 26 anni, il maggior risultato che ho raggiunto è stato non ammazzarmi)

18. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

the darkest Dolan, the best Dolan, the only Dolan I could like

19. koschka's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Totally blown away.. such a great film! Loved the scenery, this dark atmosphere. Moody and very intense..

20. alphonse's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Stylistically, Xavier Dolan remains one of the most interesting and inventive young voices of cinema, but when it comes to content and narrative, his films are not quite satisfying yet. Tom at the Farm may have marked a new, more mature direction for the promising talent, but it's only new in style because the themes and ideas behind the film are becoming too repetitive as they haven't really changed since his debut.

21. Harrywolf Krstl's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

22. Hans Rudolf's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

Brillant erzählter Psycho-Thriller - ein klaustrophobisches Kammerspiel um Gewalt und unterdrückte Leidenschaft. Muss man gesehen haben ! Aber in der Originalsprache, die hier eine besondere dramaturgische Rolle spielt, wie auch der geniale Soundtrack von Gabriel Yared !

23. NICOLE86's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

24. Robert Peters-Gehrke's rating of the film Tom at the Farm

For the life of me I cannot understand the positive reviews this film got. Dumb dialogue, inexplicable motivation, a dragging plot, mismatched music, unbelievable characters - it is a disaster in every way. To compare this with Hitchcock as some critics did borders on sacrilege. And when an actor-director honours himself with one close-up after the other narcissism has a field day.

← Previous 1 3 4 5