1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Tom of Finland

A bit of the man, some art, a little background, an impatient timeline... Karukoski surveys a bitty middle path which crams in too much (1980s AIDS crisis sampled in five minutes). Not conventional bio-pic nor Scorpio Rising envisioned by Crumb; it worthily falls between these two stools or more accurately stalls, in the US sense, which indicates in which punchier direction the engorged bikers should have swung.

2. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Tom of Finland

3. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Tom of Finland

4. Miguel Plante's rating of the film Tom of Finland

Bon petit biopic poignant et esthétiquement réussi, qui rend bien valeur au personnage qu'est Tom of Finland. On aurait pu tomber dans le mélodrame abusif, mais les scènes touchantes sont bien balancées avec un humour dosé et efficace. Le maquillage des personnages est réussi: Plus ils sont vieux, plus ils ont l'air vieux.

5. Adam M's rating of the film Tom of Finland

This could have used some cuts and a de-Hollywoodization. I'm having flashbacks from the flashbacks.

6. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Tom of Finland

... it loses considerable steam since the moment that Touko's trip to America is represented.

7. Log Lady's rating of the film Tom of Finland

I have to say I'm extremely surprised how this turned out. My experience with Finnish films has been far from stellar, but here everything just clicked. Great performances throughout, particularly from Strang, who was perfect as Touko, and Tilkanen with his sad and twinkling eyes. Inevitably sad in parts, but also very funny and ends in a happy and hopeful note. 100-year-old Finland has come far.