1. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Tommy

This movie is part of history for his elegant, goofy, kitsch, sophisticated and stylish melodramatic facture. However it terribly aged, same goes with the music.The word "amazing" is not really appropriate. Moreover I'm not really found of musical comedies (Phantom of Paradise...). This one does not equal Russell's fabulous chronicles about Debussy / Rossetti.

2. smndvdcl's rating of the film Tommy

Astonishing album, variable film saved by Tina Turner.

3. Shelley's rating of the film Tommy

Quite literally one of the best things I've ever seen.

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Tommy

7.4/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Zz

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Tommy

How can you get rich from pinball? Girl, please.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Tommy

7. James Mackin's rating of the film Tommy

The Who is one of my favourite bands, which definitely creates a bias towards this film, and even so, this is a crazy trip.

8. senitree's rating of the film Tommy

Yap, my senses were never the same.

9. ap's rating of the film Tommy

Beautifully weird, yet weirdly beautiful.

10. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Tommy

11. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Tommy

12. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Tommy

I guess it was a cool movie and a good music ...in the 70's (?). :s

13. Pymo's rating of the film Tommy

14. K A t's rating of the film Tommy

15. msmichel's rating of the film Tommy

Perfect marriage of rock opera and Ken Russell's over-indulgence. Triumph of set design and vision. Cast uniformily game in adapting Townsend's story of the deaf dumb and blind boy. Ann Margaret aces as Mrs Walker exhuding sex appeal and charm. Oliver Reed fun as Uncle Frank and Daltry perfect as Tommy. Lots of cameos, bizarre little moments and great music. A great film to experience again.

16. mr se's rating of the film Tommy

One of my all-time guilty pleasures.

17. Paul Linthicum's rating of the film Tommy

Great songs, and worth a watch. However, it doesn't compete with "The Wall".

18. sandracine's rating of the film Tommy

Okay, with some great scenes. Uncle Ernie doesn't get the laughs these days; he's a child molester, plain and simple.

19. Joshuah's rating of the film Tommy

5 stars for Tina Turner's stuttering lips alone.

20. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Tommy

Perfect example of style over substance but, in this case, I don't mind at all. I particularly liked Ann-Margret and Roger Daltrey's performances, the Marilyn Monroe church's scene and two or three songs that have become classics since then. Highly recommended.

21. Ryan Clark's rating of the film Tommy

Not a great film, but worth seeing for two scenes in particular: Ann-Margret's orgasmic ecstasy amid bucketfuls of beans, chocolate, and soap, and Tina Turner's scorching hot, quiveringly insane rendition of "The Acid Queen". These are two of the greatest scenes of all-time. I'm less enthusiastic about the rest of Tommy, but at least it's never boring!

22. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Tommy

23. Sandy Connell's rating of the film Tommy

By no means an excellent film but clearly a great one. All Russel's strengths as a director (and some of his weaknesses, too) come together to create a stunning British farce masquerading as an epic melodrama. My fandom of The Who and general 1970s excess ensured I would love this film even before I saw it and despite growing older and wiser, I can't bring myself to love it any less. www.foec.wordpress.com

24. Roscoe's rating of the film Tommy

Some moments, to be sure, especially Tina Turner's marvelous Acid Queen. Ann-Margret wins the prize for Best Sport In Film History for her big fantasy scene involving chocolate sauce and baked beans.