1. Morteza Sayah's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Brilliant. always good movies present changing of characters , They change along it through incidents they face and toni erdmann presents that in the best way...the hollywood version of the film hasnt be made.

2. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

The additional 45 mins it affords itself isn't entirely justified - we learn little more about Ines and Winfried within that time - but the payoffs more than make up for the padding. Freespirited Prankster loosens up Corporate Stiff is hardly original material, but Simonischek and (particularly) Hüller are pitch-perfect, and those 3 or 4 classic setpieces provide a much-needed comedic and emotional release.

3. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

It's a pretty good movie with a slow pace, but explosive ending!

4. ana_cggoncalves's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

eu não sei qual de vocês é que classificou isto como comédia, mas bem que pode arder no inferno. (posso ou não ter-me chorado toda)

5. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Really a kind of miracle of filmmaking. It manages to pull off so many things that both arthouse and mainstream convention would forbid. It also throws into relief how most art cinema is just as guilty of the boxes, stereotypes, and laziness of much mainstream genre fair. It's refreshing to watch serious, festival-ready cinema that doesn't fall into the arthouse ghetto of Kunst with a capital K.

6. Loz Loory's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

3.5 This could have been under 2 hours easily without losing story or tone. Fascinating study of father's attempts to reconnect with daughter. Why do fathers feel compelled to show their love by acting like frightening creatures to their daughters? This need to "jokingly" play "the beast" is not a healthy dynamic. Girls learn to be scared in their first relationship with a man, which has life-long repercussions.

7. arlinda's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Ah, the absurdities of global capitalism and the alienation it spills around whatever space it tries to concur! This is a brilliant reminder.

8. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Totally original emotional territory for the viewer

9. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

A despiction of a troubled father-daughter relationship with situations that border on the absurd (intentionally absurd). A really well made film which made me reflect just a bit on my own relationship with my father - both my parents, really - in general. And what is film if not personal?

10. Anna Filodor's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

11. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Un film strano, una commedia nordica, non proprio scoppiettante, con qualche venatura malincolinica. Una sequenza d'antologia (il brunch per il compleanno della fidanzata vale il film). Per cinefili motivati (il film è davvero lungo) è una buona serata

12. Max.Madrid's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

3.5: love the Whitney Houston bit.

13. MisterColo93's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

14. Walker's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

A very special kind of comedy. Probably my favorite of 2016 along with Moonlight.

15. Inês Moreira Santos's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

16. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

17. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Amusing and unique, but also pretty weird

18. Stu Witmer's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Brilliant, funny, smart and long. Excellent, nuanced acting by Sandra Hüller. The directing and camera work is also superb. At first, it appears to be very simple, but after awhile you begin to realize that you have become part of these people's lives.

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

My father believed it was his inherent right to embarass his kids. We'd be walking down the street and he'd break out in song. As kids we all had different coping strategies. My sister was the youngest and almost too easy to embarrass. She remains embarassed to this day. My younger brother just pretended it wasn't happening. Being the oldest I decided to join him in singing. It's hard to embarrass me to this day.

20. Diderot's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

It starts out as the cliche of a black sheep showing an uptight prude how to live but thankfully finds something else going on in that tired narrative, which is why the running time is necessary. And although I'd love to see a Lena Dunham script starring Kristen Wiig, I can't imagine what kind of nonsense the US remake is going to commit against this movie--and everyone should be embarrassed to be involved in it.

21. diana's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

22. marialpm's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

23. alina.'s rating of the film Toni Erdmann

24. myunmyun's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

more than father-daughter warm relationships, I was moved by the last scene. for me, It said like “nevertheless, my life is up to me. I am I, you and YOU.”