1. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Totally original emotional territory for the viewer

2. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

A despiction of a troubled father-daughter relationship with situations that border on the absurd (intentionally absurd). A really well made film which made me reflect just a bit on my own relationship with my father - both my parents, really - in general. And what is film if not personal?

3. Anna Filodor's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

4. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Un film strano, una commedia nordica, non proprio scoppiettante, con qualche venatura malincolinica. Una sequenza d'antologia (il brunch per il compleanno della fidanzata vale il film). Per cinefili motivati (il film è davvero lungo) è una buona serata

5. Max.Madrid's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

3.5: love the Whitney Houston bit.

6. MisterColo93's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

7. Walker's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

A very special kind of comedy. Probably my favorite of 2016 along with Moonlight.

8. Inês Moreira Santos's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

9. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

10. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Amusing and unique, but also pretty weird

11. Stu Witmer's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Brilliant, funny, smart and long. Excellent, nuanced acting by Sandra Hüller. The directing and camera work is also superb. At first, it appears to be very simple, but after awhile you begin to realize that you have become part of these people's lives.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

My father believed it was his inherent right to embarass his kids. We'd be walking down the street and he'd break out in song. As kids we all had different coping strategies. My sister was the youngest and almost too easy to embarrass. She remains embarassed to this day. My younger brother just pretended it wasn't happening. Being the oldest I decided to join him in singing. It's hard to embarrass me to this day.

13. Diderot's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

It starts out as the cliche of a black sheep showing an uptight prude how to live but thankfully finds something else going on in that tired narrative, which is why the running time is necessary. And although I'd love to see a Lena Dunham script starring Kristen Wiig, I can't imagine what kind of nonsense the US remake is going to commit against this movie--and everyone should be embarrassed to be involved in it.

14. diana's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

15. marialpm's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

16. alina.'s rating of the film Toni Erdmann

17. myunmyun's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

more than father-daughter warm relationships, I was moved by the last scene. for me, It said like “nevertheless, my life is up to me. I am I, you and YOU.”

18. angelicidea's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

If you thought German comedy was an oxymoron, think again. This is deadpan and lethal.

19. jackocnr's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

20. mysteriousgirlno2's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

as pessoas que estão a chamar a isto de comédia podem enfiar uma dentadura falsa pelo cu acima - daquelas a pilhas que penicam e tudo

21. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

Just heard this is getting a remake... People: MOVIES MADE IN EUROPE ARE STILL MOVIES, THEY DON'T NEED HOLLYWOOD'S REMAKES. We do NOT need a second version of a great movie starring famous actors. We're just fine with these brilliant ones. Also, we don't need explicit scenes cut out because the so called "evolved" country can't handle them. Have some creativity.

22. Daishi's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

The last scene, I felt dad could not change his daughter's mind. So this movie is tragedy not comedy. Even though this movie is great, I was not into the character of Toni Erdeman. And I don't accept daughter's dirty teeth. She is a consultant!

23. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

The scene where Ines has her naked birthday breakdown and the Erdmann "Hair Monster" makes an entrance is nothing short of brilliant comedic timing (and probably the funniest thing I've seen in years). This is a real gem of a film that serves as a reminder to all of us to never lose our sense of humor in such a cold, corporate world. My only complaint is that it didn't need to be damn-near three hours long.

24. yoan's rating of the film Toni Erdmann

a nod to big momma and white chicks genre, but way too realistic that the momma can't save the day