Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Tonsler Park

2. anaju.travia's rating of the film Tonsler Park

It’s amazing to watch a film from black director. It’s very interesting to see black people been so active of the election process. Specially with all the struggle to vote that black passed throw. I really expect to see more movies of black filmmakers in MUBI.

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Tonsler Park

What a beautiful film and what a creative document. Thank you, Mubi, this is why I am here. To be challenged to reconsider what film can be, what human poetry can be, what it can mean to spend part of my life watching films. I think Bruce Baillie would appreciate this work of art.

4. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Tonsler Park

A camera observes time passing in a US voting station on the 2016 General election day. The repercussions of that day may be important, but nothing here gives an indication of that, nor of anything else meaningful to do with the people or process displayed.

5. Juan's rating of the film Tonsler Park

La ingenuidad con pretensiones.

6. gpinault's rating of the film Tonsler Park

7. lou.'s rating of the film Tonsler Park

I must have missed something... [anyway, good job Virginia, yet the U.S. blow everything up, during the last presidential election. congrats?]

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film Tonsler Park

So, yes, worthy work, and in the context of what happened next, well-timed but filmic quality? Scrutineer territory really

9. reece's rating of the film Tonsler Park

10. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Tonsler Park

I'm usually fine with slow movies, observing people's daily lives. But this was tedium personified. It looks like the camera was plonked down and forgotten about, so a lot of the shots are of peoples' backs. Pretty pointless really which was a shame, I would have liked more picking out of conversations, I'm sure interesting things went on. Although I did skip through so maybe I missed the good bits. Doubt it though.

11. Sze Wing Wong's rating of the film Tonsler Park

fast-forwarded the whole thing

12. nica's rating of the film Tonsler Park

I feel it's biggest accomplishment is to make the people he was filming self-conscious and uncomfortable, or maybe it was me projecting?

13. Erlösung's rating of the film Tonsler Park

I would say, it seems not much effort has been put into this documentary. It appears like an attempt to make a series of character (or model) studies; what does not convince me is the approach. Close ups detach a figure from the environment (artificially), which potentially has the opposite effect of what the director sought in the first place: social realism and a not-mediated representation of life.

14. Brooke clevinger's rating of the film Tonsler Park

Is movie is very boring. It consists of the expressions of the election workers day and facial expression. It’s based on the Election Day in 2016 although it’s in black and white. This film has no real plot, but to demonstrate the poll workers day. You literally just watch the workers face throughout the whole film. The camera is constantly blocked by people. This film is a big waste of time. I wouldn’t recommend it

15. lesminho's rating of the film Tonsler Park

1/10 Action-packed socio-political docu-drama filmed in glorious (and thrillingly out-of-focus) hand-held black and white. Metabullfeces.

16. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Tonsler Park

“Instead of representing an already deciphered real, neorealism aimed at an always ambiguous, to be deciphered, real” (Deleuze). By this formal aesthetic criterion Tonsler Park is the most neorealist of films. It also manifests, in uncompromising aesthetic terms, the ontology of being black in America: struggling to assert one’s being (visible onscreen) against the imposition of non-being (made to disappear onscreen)