1. BernardoL's rating of the film Tony Takitani

There's beauty in simplicity. The plot may seem uneventful but the film makes up for it with its wondrous and melancholic intimate feeling. The soundtrack is hypnotizing. Tony Takitani is a breezy poem in cinematic form.

2. A47's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Somehow manages to strip the title character of any development, in exchange for a long-lensed poetic parlor-trick to save money and melodramatic voice over. Murikami's work is about the nature of reality and our relationship to, not reading beat poetry in a warm bath atmosphere. Jazz you say? No, Jazz may be visceral, but Jazz is real. "The difference may have been subtle. But to Tony, that difference was crucial."

3. choupinet's rating of the film Tony Takitani

A sad story that fills your heart with melancholy. A great adaptation from Murakami's short novel.

4. David Grillo's rating of the film Tony Takitani

On our own our lives are empty and we have to take that emptiness out into the world.

5. evolveris's rating of the film Tony Takitani

6. Risya's rating of the film Tony Takitani

So simple yet it kinda lingers

7. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Tony Takitani

beautiful simplicity. and michael kors eh?

8. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Wow! Stellar and brave. Left me with so much with doing so very "little". Really an excellent piece. Sad, but there were moments I literally laughed my ass off. Fantastic camera work and gentle but focused acting. One of the best films ever about being who you are in this world and all of the pangs that can cause. Brilliant

9. jelenav's rating of the film Tony Takitani

I loved it...yet I'm so confused.

10. Thomas Jolie's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Beautiful images and soundtrack, everything stripped to keep only the essential. Loved the camera work, especially during the first half, where the camera moved horizontally along the scenes

11. Javier Toloza's rating of the film Tony Takitani

A beautifully depicted story of love and loneliness, full of melancholy... I love these ones even when they make me a little sad.

12. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Loneliness, consumerism, and the contoured psyche. Reminded me of Sono's "Noriko's Dinner Table", but less wacky, more zen. Loved it.

13. Martin Hollis's rating of the film Tony Takitani

A man who paints only machines falls in love with a women who buys clothes to fill the void.

14. dmol's rating of the film Tony Takitani

A former designer gives up her job to be a housewife and washes her husband's car while he sits and watches - then she dies for her designer clothes (??!!!). Is it just me who sees something seriously wrong with this? I kept waiting for a twist that never came, indulging instead in Sakamoto's beautiful melodies of loss and emptiness. Good direction, too.

15. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Tony Takitani

A tender little film about loss, loneliness, fractured relationships - and an obsession I could never get my head around! Beautifully shot and sparsely edited.

16. dialupmodem's rating of the film Tony Takitani

excellently written like a bedtime story but beautifully painful and empty. Sakamoto's music was absent a lot after the death of Eiko when there were some scenes that could have really benefited from it. +On side note I think it handled well the irony of how loneliness is emphasised after we get rid of reminders from those that are absent.

17. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Too long for a short story, too simple for a film, too rigidly narrated to capture attention. It should have stayed on paper longer before it could find its place on film.

18. Herlescu Daniel's rating of the film Tony Takitani

19. BOUKMAN's rating of the film Tony Takitani

It's a thin story but beautifully told. Told in a very special way. This movie kept surprising me with the narration. Special. I like.

20. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Poetic. It portrays my future life of another universe

21. Jacqueline Wallace's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Intriguing, beautiful and well paced film revealing the disparities of loneliness

22. Marta Vilaro's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Heartbreaking music. Simple story beautifully narrated. Poetry and loneliness yes but gets boring towards the second half.

23. Stanzi Wilson's rating of the film Tony Takitani

24. raggiodisole's rating of the film Tony Takitani

a beautifully realised film, classic Murakami, but did feel somewhat dry and airless

← Previous 1 3 4