1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Too Late

The long takes didn't work for me at all. I felt like I was watching a pair of actors workshopping a scene. It didn't feel real.

2. brick_bro's rating of the film Too Late

Some of the dialogue felt over-wrought but overall a very lively modern "noir" with one of the most ambitious narrative structures in years. The way the opening 20~ minutes unfolds gave me chills I can hardly articulate.

3. Hira's rating of the film Too Late

4. dave gunn's rating of the film Too Late

Easily one of the best of 2016 and an extremely strong debut from Hauck. This is not only a technical feat and a true tribute to film itself, but also a very strong, melancholy, hopeless story with powerful acting, witty dialog, and a precise direction.

5. sainte's rating of the film Too Late

This could have been better if they didn't try so hard with the "film-noir" dialogue.

6. Pupunga's rating of the film Too Late

7. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Too Late

The narrative structure is perhaps the showiest part of the Hauk's vision for this film. Filmed in five 22-minute takes, it's a technical achievement in story-telling. The performances are so strong they carry the film forward, even in the long moments of monotony that result from a lack of cutting. But the film never drags, and it features moments of intense rush, making this an overall worthwhile watch.

8. Zach Anderson's rating of the film Too Late

There are times when a technique hastily relied upon can feel like simple gimmickry. Too Late is a really interesting movie weighed down by massive artifice. The single shot takes are merely distracting here, they detract from a relatively simple and effective core story line. It's not clever enough, or smooth enough to be what it wants to be. John Hawkes is perfect though, he alone is worth the watch.

9. Maksym Rooban's rating of the film Too Late