1. lou.'s rating of the film Top Gun

And... from that time on #Raybanmirror ONLY

2. João R's rating of the film Top Gun

It's charismatic, its populated with fine looking sunsets (and pilots) and the subliminal undertones are interesting but that's about it.

3. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Top Gun

4. rado's rating of the film Top Gun

The danger zone between cinema and music video can occasionally take your breath away.

5. bryanvmh's rating of the film Top Gun

6. Star Lord's rating of the film Top Gun

7. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Top Gun

Tarantino has a hypothesis this is a thinly-veiled unwitting homoerotic parable; watching it again elevates his reasoning to theory. Mind-numbingly watchable, often unintentionally hilarious, but soul-sucking of the highest Satanic order.

8. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Top Gun

Classic 80s film, great soundtrack

9. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Top Gun

10. Ethan's rating of the film Top Gun

This is one of the most homoerotic films ever made and it is a testament of male masculinity. Tony Scott could bring exhilarating action to the screen too/

11. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Top Gun

This movie is the reason my dad joined the military and met my mother. So, thank you Tom Cruise and Tony Scott.

12. ju's rating of the film Top Gun

13. Emily O's rating of the film Top Gun

14. film_lies101's rating of the film Top Gun

One of the most boring, plodding films I've ever seen. I can't believe audiences in droves sat through this treacle. Go watch Days of Thunder instead

15. Andrew Samuels's rating of the film Top Gun

16. melly's rating of the film Top Gun

US Naval Aviation's single best investment in recruiting. To this day when NFOs want to describe to someone what they do, the easiest thing to say is "I'm Goose from Top Gun." It's also possibly one of the most cheesy macho-homoerotic action films I've ever seen. Regardless, its 'Merica charm (smarm?) is timeless, and no pilot or backseater can deny that this film made them wish they could be a Tomcat bro...

17. Tlr Creme Org's rating of the film Top Gun

Such a phenomenon in the 80's it's hard to judge by itself, so let's meet in the middle and give it 3 eh

18. Rita Alexandra's rating of the film Top Gun

Very good film! Not enough to get 5 stars for me because of too much romance... I would like to have seen more the relation between the lead character and the rest - the romance doesn't allow it to happen, in my opinion. But very worth watching!

19. Matthew Shorvon's rating of the film Top Gun

Dear MUBI i know this film doesn't have nearly enough intellectual content to be picked to be shown by you but PLEASE select it just once, I will totally let you be my wingman anytime if you do...

20. H. Murat Erenli's rating of the film Top Gun

21. DSPRKY's rating of the film Top Gun

Slow-motion shirtless beach volleyball?

22. Alin Negutoiu's rating of the film Top Gun

not perfect but i still really liked it

23. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Top Gun

Top Gun is a bit trying to engage with. It's essentially a boot camp movie that's been splatter-painted with the flavor of a vintage buddy cop film. That is to say, it is a simple film that plays itself completely straight. This might lead one to wonder why the film is as remembered as it is. And that is because, for many, the film has an irreverent charm that belies the mechanical flaws underneath.

24. Partner in der Kriminalität's rating of the film Top Gun

So much better when I was 10. Danger Zone was the best part of the movie.