1. João R's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

I think I preferred this season.

2. Ioana Maria Stănescu's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

A total soap opera, filled with uncharismatic characters, with no chemistry between them, mistakes and stupidities in the crime plot, predictability and pointless speeches about morals, sex industry, feminism, depression, love or whatever other subjects. Can't compare it with the first season. It's as if somebody screwed up with the brain of the director and writer. Total waste of time.

3. Marta's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

Goes bonkers after episode three, but Englert was a very nice surprise.

4. knockkneed's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

impressive relationship dynamics

5. Adam GR's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

I loved the imagery of unreal babies in Jane Campion's episodes. Ariel Kleiman is a strong director and partner. By the end of it, I didn't care what happened to lil ol' Mary. The "new family" dogma proved to be infuriating. Nicole Kidman is stunning in grey. As much as Elisabeth Moss acts beautifully, I started to pine for the idea of Anna Paquin fulfilling this role. Gwendoline Christie is amorphously good.

6. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

7. Drew.'s rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

Y'all are the same people who didn't like In the Cut and y'all are wrong.

8. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

After a wondrous first season, we descended to the real world of Sydney's sex trade industry and ilegal surrogacy. What threw me off mostly were the many coincides surrounding the investigation and the characters, it felt contrived. Besides, Puss was plain disgusting and Mary was a spoiled brat, I never believed them as a couple. Pyke was a coward. That said, there were also great scenes throughout the 6 episodes.

9. lepetitjermey's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

10. Ieva Šukytė's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

Worse than the first season. The relationships between characters looked ridiculous. Even though the show tries to tackle modern problems like surrogacy, adoption, sex working, something's missing. There are plot holes, unnecessary drama, that makes crime show look like Australian soap opera.

11. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

A bathetic soap opera with a charade of insufferable, navel gazing characters, huge plot holes, and a frankly ineffective didactic message about the horrors of neoliberal surrogacy, modern forms of slavery and corporeal exploitation delivered by a creepy, morally ambivalent pimp. Ok, the real monsters are the normals. But please do not call TOTL:CG a skillful postmodern pastiche. It's just a faux pas.

12. oldeuboi's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

Such a disaster after the excellent 1st season. More like a tacky soap opera and populated with either annoying or pretentious people. Or simply stupid.

13. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

Kidman is scary in this one. Scary because I know that person. There is a fair amount of confusion going on because it reveals itself very gradually. The interplay between the characters is quite complex and compelling. Keeps you guessing.

15. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl

An utterly compelling and skillfully crafted crime drama, but it had the potential to be more. The interesting ideas - the autobiographical elements with Kidman as Campion, the queasy cafe scenes, the euro/asian clash of the brothel - dissappear as traditional tv crime tropes take up all the time in the second half.

16. Alex's rating of the film Top Of The Lake: China Girl