1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Touch of Evil

8.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-36U

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Touch of Evil

3. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Artículo ("Cuadernos de jazz"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2009_03_10_archive.html

4. dordairobert's rating of the film Touch of Evil

5. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Honest movie in the genre with good ingredients. A bit predictable with an "abrupt" hollywood ending but a nice and subtle reversal of roles.

6. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Touch of Evil

I just watched the theatrical cut, and I'm kicking myself that I'd waited so long. This film was outstanding, exceeding every expectation and it kept me engaged with its creative camera work. Interestingly, sixty years later, the US-Mexico border still seems just as complicated. This film is the bedrock of every cinematic border tale ever since.

7. Histioteuthis's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Welles as a lurching but fascinating monster who kills or disappoints the only people who love him combined with the like weird disconnect between the surface level very 50s antiracism and equally very 50s racist make-up and the racialized implied sexual aspects of the scene in the motel make it fascinating and interesting if not necessarily lovable.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Un climat étouffant et sordide, en forme de huis clos ténébreux, dans un film sublime, aux imbrications multiples, entre noirceur totale et réalisation parfaite... www.cinefiches.com

9. Nachtreich's rating of the film Touch of Evil

10. redux's rating of the film Touch of Evil

The most under-credited inspiration for other people's films?

11. MistaRichard's rating of the film Touch of Evil

What a masterclass in directing! Every shot is uniquely stylized, wonderfully composed and meticulously planned, the blocking is near-perfect and the pacing relentless, all coalescing into a mesmerizing, almost hypnotic experience.

12. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Touch of Evil

There's ammunition available for any number of ideological blunderbusses here, including Quindlen's theory of justice by strongman intuition -- his, it is independently verified, was always right, remember. Is evil treatable homeopathically? I'll leave that alone for now and just say that, my God, here is a film that lurks there, hulking, looming, brooding right over you. And there it stands now, not going anywhere.

13. ermete polpette's rating of the film Touch of Evil

14. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Touch of Evil

The cinematography, lighting, soundtrack, dialogue, and Welles were perfection. The supporting characters and plot left something to be desired. Everything that is noir is here yet it falls short of masterpieces like The Third Man and Double Indemnity.

15. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Touch of Evil

L'essenza stessa del noir. Welles monumentale, luci e sceneggiatura molto buone ed una scena iniziale da antologia. Grazie.

16. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film Touch of Evil

The so called Director's Cut is the one to watch.

17. gld48's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Breathtakingly shot. Everyone is great in this. Marlene Dietrich steals it though. Love the pianola. So good.

18. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Rewatched and re-loved. ESSENTIAL, TIMELESS. Touch of Evil: one of the reasons he's one of my favorite film directors.

19. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Touch of Evil

turned off after 45 mins what a bore!!

20. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Touch of Evil

21. andretz's rating of the film Touch of Evil

22. f-nanda's rating of the film Touch of Evil

It didnt work for me. The lights and shots are amazing, but I didnt care for the story at all.

23. wiwitaek's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Everything's in right place. My jaw dropped when I saw the set escpecially its lightning. The script is terrific. It really kicks the sentiment of politics: how stinks the police is (and always will be, but let's pray its not true). It's well directed and Orson Well's permormance brilliant! But am I only one here who thinks Heston's acting a bit off?

24. SoulBrotherNo1's rating of the film Touch of Evil

6.5/10 - This is a mixed bag...Orsons direction and the camera work is amazing as expected, I liked his character, the outline of the plot, and some of the dialogues....and yet, it was kinda a chore to sit through. Maybe because the other two main characters (and some of the side characters) were horribly written and even worse acted. Not the best film noir...