1. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Touch of Evil

There are so many great things: light and shadow, perspective, camera ... and the opening shot - 3,5 minutes - is still unique.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Touch of Evil

One of the best film noirs that I have ever seen. Orson Welles set the standard in how a corrupt overweight donut-eating cop should look. A lot of memorable nail-biting scenes - like the ending and the assault on Janet Leigh. Charlton Heston is surprisingly convincing as a Mexican too. The studios tampered with this film at it's premiere but Orson got the last laugh as the film is like he intended now.

3. Bogdan Iancu's rating of the film Touch of Evil

4.5 I need you baby And if it's quite all right I need you baby

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Touch of Evil

As a film noir it crafts an ambiguous figure; a towering man performing 'bad actions' with good intentions; a model for Welles' existentialist approach to character work. While I have some strong reservations about his approach on the whole, his ideas are framed well, with actions receiving correlating consequences. And yes, that baroque aesthetic is absolutely to die for. Just about every frame is stunning.

5. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Hey kids! Want to see a good movie about police brutality and systemic violence? Watch this and not that Martin McDonagh crap.

6. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Touch of Evil

5+ (with Walter Murch's editing)

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Touch of Evil

8.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-36U

8. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Touch of Evil

9. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Artículo ("Cuadernos de jazz"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2009_03_10_archive.html

10. dordairobert's rating of the film Touch of Evil

11. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Honest movie in the genre with good ingredients. A bit predictable with an "abrupt" hollywood ending but a nice and subtle reversal of roles.

12. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Touch of Evil

I just watched the theatrical cut, and I'm kicking myself that I'd waited so long. This film was outstanding, exceeding every expectation and it kept me engaged with its creative camera work. Interestingly, sixty years later, the US-Mexico border still seems just as complicated. This film is the bedrock of every cinematic border tale ever since.

13. Maudealan's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Welles as a lurching but fascinating monster who kills or disappoints the only people who love him combined with the like weird disconnect between the surface level very 50s antiracism and equally very 50s racist make-up and the racialized implied sexual aspects of the scene in the motel make it fascinating and interesting if not necessarily lovable.

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Un climat étouffant et sordide, en forme de huis clos ténébreux, dans un film sublime, aux imbrications multiples, entre noirceur totale et réalisation parfaite... www.cinefiches.com

15. redux's rating of the film Touch of Evil

The most under-credited inspiration for other people's films?

16. MistaRichard's rating of the film Touch of Evil

What a masterclass in directing! Every shot is uniquely stylized, wonderfully composed and meticulously planned, the blocking is near-perfect and the pacing relentless, all coalescing into a mesmerizing, almost hypnotic experience.

17. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Touch of Evil

There's ammunition available for any number of ideological blunderbusses here, including Quindlen's theory of justice by strongman intuition -- his, it is independently verified, was always right, remember. Is evil treatable homeopathically? I'll leave that alone for now and just say that, my God, here is a film that lurks there, hulking, looming, brooding right over you. And there it stands now, not going anywhere.

18. ermete polpette's rating of the film Touch of Evil

19. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Touch of Evil

The cinematography, lighting, soundtrack, dialogue, and Welles were perfection. The supporting characters and plot left something to be desired. Everything that is noir is here yet it falls short of masterpieces like The Third Man and Double Indemnity.

20. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Touch of Evil

L'essenza stessa del noir. Welles monumentale, luci e sceneggiatura molto buone ed una scena iniziale da antologia. Grazie.

21. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film Touch of Evil

The so called Director's Cut is the one to watch.

22. gld48's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Breathtakingly shot. Everyone is great in this. Marlene Dietrich steals it though. Love the pianola. So good.

23. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Touch of Evil

Rewatched and re-loved. ESSENTIAL, TIMELESS. Touch of Evil: one of the reasons he's one of my favorite film directors.

24. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Touch of Evil

turned off after 45 mins what a bore!!