1. Sean Fisher's rating of the film Touching the Void

3.5, great stroy, but would have been a better movie

2. meepy's rating of the film Touching the Void

Had to watch this in documentary production class while I had a bad headache. Caught a few glimpses... i guess..it was good? People were gasping in shock- so i guess...it was..good?

3. ironbound's rating of the film Touching the Void

"But rather than just sit here, feeling sorry for myself or whatever, I'll get on with it and I'll die on the way down."

4. kathmeep's rating of the film Touching the Void

5. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Touching the Void

6. Charlotte Normand's rating of the film Touching the Void

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film Touching the Void

Indispensable documentary and cautionary tale on the dangers of mountaineering. The dilemma adds an element of contention to the decisions made by each climber. A thrilling tale worthy of academic deconstruction.

8. ionosonde's rating of the film Touching the Void

dry and to-the-point shots carry you through a re-enactment of the events, interspersed with closeup interview footage. the story told within is a fantastic tale of human perseverance (and reminds me of a chapter from antoine de st.-exupery's wind sand and stars) but i felt the reenactment felt unnatural. also, probably a bit longer than it needed to be.

9. Marion's rating of the film Touching the Void

Holy fuck. That was intense.

10. JCPJD's rating of the film Touching the Void

"When you stop making decisions, you're stuffed". That line went through me like an ice pick. We're all stuck on a ledge in the dark at some point - this terribly well put together film is a fable for life. It says, you need a lot of guts, good luck and tremendous determination to make it out. I thought about this film for days after, wondering what I would do - wondering what I am doing.

11. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Touching the Void

Extremes lead to life or death, and here a man must go through an extreme ordeal to save himself. Makes me question: 'is life really worth all that effort?' Yes. Crazy as it is to say it, life is. I shall crawl on my stomach through crevasse and rock, alone, so I may cherish life.

12. M@D's rating of the film Touching the Void

13. Celine D's rating of the film Touching the Void

14. DOM PAUL SCHEGGIA's rating of the film Touching the Void

I recommend also reading Joe Simpson's book. Great doc.

15. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film Touching the Void

"If you don't make decisions, you're stuffed..." | amazing documentary | ✮✮✮✮

16. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Touching the Void

★★★★ extreme decision making.

17. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Touching the Void

a wondrous miracle, great documentary, 8/10 my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-Ps

18. Tigrão's rating of the film Touching the Void

Oh my god. This is incredible, and MacDonald did an amazing job in the reconstitutions.

19. pivic's rating of the film Touching the Void

I usually don't like sports films, neither endurance films, especially if either are plied with a constant, Hollywoodesque tear-in-the-eye effect. This film, however, is a far cry from those ones. It's gripping, scary, honest and human. It touches upon the breadth of trust and survival.

20. Alex's rating of the film Touching the Void

This is what we call: Born again. The BoneyM delirious part is scary but funny.

21. Norman1706's rating of the film Touching the Void

22. Moamen's rating of the film Touching the Void

wonderful ....... a superb inspiring story that lightens our emotions told with a really great visual and artistic style ........... a real great film for everybody.

23. Xurxo G Penalta's rating of the film Touching the Void

24. Francesca Perry Carboni's rating of the film Touching the Void

Really difficult to translate Joe Simpsons compelling book onto the screen, but this does it as well as it could be done.