1. C'est Bastien's rating of the film Touki Bouki

2. Ethan's rating of the film Touki Bouki

This is a fun, quirky, and unique film that does some pretty impressive and interesting things with it's camerawork and editing. This is definitely a gem that needs to be seen.

3. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Touki Bouki

I didn’t really get it. The animal killings, while I can back up intellectually as artistic and therefore justified (along with culture reasons and what not), were still hard to stomach.

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Touki Bouki

I give it three decapitated goat heads!

5. Silenzio's rating of the film Touki Bouki

6. Neville Jozi's rating of the film Touki Bouki

7. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Touki Bouki

What else could I want of a film? Stylish but always in service of feeling, a funny, heart-wrenching tale of post-colonial tensions and an uncertain future. Really wonderfully edited. And, of course, this is 70s film stock supporting an excellent sense for color composition. Great story! (this movie is NOT "french new wave but in Senegal" whatsoever, but if you like the style of movie, you'll like this)

8. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Touki Bouki

cinematography was very beautiful ... but scenario was weak ... this is the first african movie I have ever watched in my life. I have only know these people' lifestyle on documentaries which tells a story with safari perspective... also there is an overview for their culture , religion ,magic conception ...

9. HSBilly's rating of the film Touki Bouki

10. Videograms's rating of the film Touki Bouki

Josephine Baker: "Paris, Paris, Paris...."

11. El Biffo's rating of the film Touki Bouki

Mambety's most famous film, but not his best! His masterpiece is THE LITTLE GIRL WHO SOLD THE SUN ("LA PETITE VENDEUSE DE LA SOLEIL"). P.S. If you enjoyed TOUKI BOUKI, be sure and see the follow-up by his neice, Mati Diop, A THOUSAND SUNS (2013).

12. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Touki Bouki

Es una cinta sobre el desarraigo que comienza con un enfoque abiertamente neorrealista, rayano en lo documental y luego se decanta por un tono ecléctico y ambiguo que combina la picaresca y la fantasía. A veces el montaje intenta crear metáforas algo gruesas (el destino de Mory y el de las reses en el matadero). Interesante.

13. João Eça's rating of the film Touki Bouki

14. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Touki Bouki

wild/good shit; kinda incoherent tho. looks great.

15. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Touki Bouki

Una película con un interesante formalismo en donde el género parece estar neutralizado. Tiene de comedia, drama, fantasioso, a veces excéntrico, pero ninguna de estas emociones impera. Diop con su película aumenta un nombre más a la lista sobre amantes prófugos al lado de "Bonnie and Clyde" o "Badlands".Por último, por qué esa reacción del personaje masculino. ¿Acaso el arraigo el que le impide alcanzar la fantasía?

16. nietzschicharonsky's rating of the film Touki Bouki

17. Patlabor's rating of the film Touki Bouki

Touki Bouki is classic Djibril Diop Mambéty, tales of modernity told through vignettes and by the sheer eccentricities of his form, fully fleshed out with a somewhat keen sense for narrative, this time round. Mambéty is known for his incorporation of contrasts and contradictions in his work, so I don’t know why I was surprised that Touki Bouki is the antithesis and also a progression from his earlier works.

18. Warrensflavor's rating of the film Touki Bouki

I love this film its feel is Dramatic yet the love story is within. storys transcends time. 40 yrs young wow

19. tc 1992's rating of the film Touki Bouki

anyone know what the final song was? sounds like david axelrod

20. Viswam's rating of the film Touki Bouki

Treasure...watching it.....paris...paris...paris liked it a lot.... it was lengthy to an extent but worth, a perfect Docufeature....Universal subject can be adopted to other geographies.. some parts of the film are awsome...

21. Dailyllama's rating of the film Touki Bouki

tHE USUAL PROMISES OF GREENERY OVER THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HILL ARE HUNG OUT TO DRY YET AGAIN AND THE LOVE/HATE FOR THE MOTHERLAND OF THE "FORCED" EMIGRE IS AMPLY TREATED: THERE IS A DESPERATE AURA TO WHAT LOOKS ALMOST LIKE A COMIC LOOK AT "WHAT-MUST-BE-LEFT-BEHIND"; THE CONFUSED EMOTIONS ARE REPEATED OVER AND OVER...

22. matt's rating of the film Touki Bouki

Very visually stunning - I thought. Yeah, the steers being butchered was hard to see - but important to the story. I wouldn't necessarily call it animal cruelty though. I thought the subtitles went a little too fast, but overall amazing.

23. Rodger White's rating of the film Touki Bouki

It was so great to see this!Thank you very much!!!

24. Henk Mul's rating of the film Touki Bouki

The subtitles were out of sync! Quite annoying to say the least, but at the same it contributed to the modernist vibe of ambiguity and unexpectedness, uhuh.