1. Thomas's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Short, to the point, as a short should be.

2. DSpaceNine's rating of the film Tower XYZ

3. christian's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Sorry, I don't get this. Not sure what the point is. Is this an Instagram movie? Attractive lady holds watermelons and smiles at camera. 3 young women get into an elevator, one is really cute. A voice keeps talking about "the ghetto". A sharply-dressed older black man walks across a soccer field, holds up a sign saying All is Well. The End. Good music track but seriously, what's the point of this? Art for Art's sake?

4. NOSFERATI's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Una poesia directa como la vida en un ghetto. Wonderful little piece of moving pictures

5. diegocebolla's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Let's get rid of the 3rd Dimension

6. filmingilman's rating of the film Tower XYZ

7. Charlie's rating of the film Tower XYZ

I liked the poem, but that's it.

8. Corey's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Loved this! Music/spoken word. Fast and short, but oddly immersive.

9. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Tight film, well wrought. Balances on the edge of an indictment. Pulls back in a gesture of welcome and reconciliation. Not sure I can place the sudden juxtaposition. For me, the allegories don't hold because of it, but nevertheless, as a poetic film it hypnotizes. Something is up the sleeve. Keep making art Akingbade.

10. David R Williams's rating of the film Tower XYZ

A very cool little film. Freeform like the best jazz. Made me happy and want to pick up a camera. A personal statement that says what it has to say and exits. Bravo.

11. soniczny's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Wow. Powerful and prophetic. I was convinced in 3 minutes.

12. darioscha's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Como un pequeño recuerdo. Precioso y corto.

13. captainfez's rating of the film Tower XYZ

14. Ryan Caughey's rating of the film Tower XYZ

An interesting visual dialogue that's both introspective and observational. Embodies the core of social realism and perspective of the people.

15. fearraigh's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Very short but an assured little tone poem that has an admirable spirit and charm. Good use of Trellick Tower too.

16. EdieEmm's rating of the film Tower XYZ

A sophisticated, well made film, packing enough into three minutes, by thoughtfully lining up spoken word, visuals, editing, sound (also, 'lilting' is maybe not the best word...?) to make the three minutes significantly more than the sum of its parts. Well done.

17. lou.'s rating of the film Tower XYZ

In less than 3 min. a voice-over recited street poetry is accompanied by an interesting, increasingly beating sound and an overall well-done image editing. It made me want to see some more of this (female) director, to me unknown. I think Jack Kerouac would have been amused.

18. sykesc's rating of the film Tower XYZ

The soundtrack surrounds me in a quiet atmosphere

19. francois's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Beautiful, to watch and re-watch many times amazing text that stays with me, strong images that speak, it makes me think of Jean-luc Godard, with the voice off and the old man holding a sing in at the end, ''all is well', ''tout va bien''..

20. Zac Weber's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Something about the music and its reverberations opened my mind an incredible way. The editing and narration evoke spoken word poetry.

21. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film Tower XYZ

For the first 30 seconds or so, I thought I was going to see some of the typical off-weird type of shit that MUBI sometimes offers up. But when the poem begins and the imagery changes, I was more than drawn in. A lot to ponder after a scant 3 minutes, and that is indeed a victory for Ayo Akingbade, the director.

22. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Tower XYZ

23. Jaco's rating of the film Tower XYZ

3 stars for the coming film. This could be a trailer.

24. Michael Diers's rating of the film Tower XYZ

Die Aussage des Kurzfilms erschließt sich mir leider nicht.