1. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Trafic

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/hulot-jacques-tati/

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Trafic

Ce n'est pas le chef-d'oeuvre de Tati, mais le film vaut le déplacement ..... www.cinefiches.com

3. Renton47's rating of the film Trafic

Tati continues his mockery of modernism, taking his barely-there insight on the road. Perhaps the one idea I truly liked in this were the brief interludes of people acting publicly in the perceived privacy of their cars. That and the mid-film pile-up which was truly inspired. Otherwise nothing special in Tati's tenet that technology progresses and humans flounder behind. I miss the magic here.

4. João Eça's rating of the film Trafic

5. James Mackin's rating of the film Trafic

The last of the Hulot films, he advertises a camping car. A nice end for a cinematic legend.

6. Aditya Jain's rating of the film Trafic

Gorgeous colors and some delightful cinematography. Similar to Playtime in many aspects, Tati crafts yet another comical tale about the design of life

7. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Trafic

8. Michael Goetz's rating of the film Trafic

I get the sense I'm in the distinct minority when I say this, but I prefer Trafic to Playtime. No accounting for taste as the saying goes; but I found the self-enclosed space of Playtime a little arid. With Trafic, you get out into the fresh air, on the road with some delightful characters. The set-piece gags are funny and choreographed beautifully, and the frames are still amusingly busy and surprising. Primo Tati.

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film Trafic

Another visually brilliant Tati film. Not quite the masterpiece of Playtime, but perhaps more fun? 4.5 stars

10. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Trafic

Tati understands the modern world in ways other directors don’t. He sees the humor and the absurdity, but he doesn’t put it down, he lovingly celebrates our silly societies with care and affection. He sees us struggle and sees how we move and relate and interact, and how we look when we are doing just that. He gets the beauty and humor in everyday life, and he helps the audience see his unique vision as well.

11. Blumes's rating of the film Trafic

The bitter end of Hulot

12. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Trafic

A Tati film with an actual plot, what a sell out! Kidding of course but the movie definitely feels like a strange hybrid of the themes explored in Playtime and Tati trying to make a more traditional comedy. Very uneven film and the movie never ends, too many clunkers. That said, that big wide shot at the end of the parking lot was pretty great.

13. Charles1990's rating of the film Trafic

14. robespiere's rating of the film Trafic

15. tom.house's rating of the film Trafic

The scene when he's walking to get gas and there's the guy on the other side of the highway going the other way is one of the funniest gags I've ever seen.

16. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Trafic

In a way, it's a shame this movie exists, since Playtime was (as intended) the perfect goodbye to Hulot. The comedy that Tati conjures here isn't as rich, and for a moment it seems as if the modern world has won (you can practically smell the diesel). But it comes together beautifully as a celebration of pipe-dreams, and Tati still had a great eye for observation into the 70s. Screw it—I'm glad this movie exists.

17. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Trafic

Funny that Tati made this flm while JG Ballard was planning Crash, the novel.

18. the.deft.one's rating of the film Trafic

Despite the occasional moment of comic precision, Trafic is dominated by an unexpected sense of apathy towards it's central concept. Tati, through Hulot, is less orchestral in the demise of good intentions, the comedy becoming less farcical and more abstract. As a critique of our struggles to adapt to ever changing technology it's still relevant, I've just come to expect a level of charm from Tati that Trafic lacked.

19. Albrecht B. Christoph's rating of the film Trafic

20. Stu Witmer's rating of the film Trafic

This explains why the French think Jerry Lewis is funny.

21. kimmgomes's rating of the film Trafic

Não conhecia, nunca tinha assistido, até recentemente num ciclo sobre o cineasta no Centro Cultural São Paulo. De um humor leve, senso muito crítico e confusões hilárias. Adorei e quero assistir outros filmes do Tati.

22. Algitya's rating of the film Trafic

23. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Trafic

Not quite the perfect film Playtime is, this last outing of Hulot has sight gags a-plenty and the same critique of humans and their relation to technology. Though its a little unfocused at times I'd rather visit Tati's world than many modern film worlds any day.

24. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Trafic

Every bit as good as anything except Playtime.