1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Trails

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of visual unity, otherwise a deeply brilliant work.

2. João Vuvu's rating of the film Trails

ooh ooh. rrru rrru. Papinhas no cu, fizera-las eu, comera-las tu.

3. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Trails

Monteiro realiza una ópera prima sobre la memoria representada. Son los mitos, leyendas y toda esa información histórica que ha formado la educación social de una nación como la de Portugal. "Trails" cita los testimonios para luego reflexionar sobre estos mismos, cómo estos han fundado creencias y también castigos y prejuicios actuales.

4. knockkneed's rating of the film Trails

Curious blend of Rivette and Jodorowsky, sprinkled with Straub-Huillet and Bunuel. I'm afraid the spiritual bits spoiled the film for me.

5. João Eça's rating of the film Trails

From the materiality of the landscape (grass, rocks, trees), the metaphysical ressonance of the elements (fire, water, air) and the presence of cultural objects (tools, clothes, monuments), a mythical force emerges trascending the picture's geography (catholic and muslim legends, portuguese folk tales, greek mythology, etc, exist within reality itself). The final shot: Birth. Life as the greatest myth of them all.

6. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Trails

The most extraordinary thing I've seen in ages! What initially begins as something rather small and intimate eventually grows and transforms into the largest tapestry of tales and legends; each presented through some of the most beautiful cinematic compositions ever seen. I can't really express it in words. Just one of those films that need to be experienced and then thought about, quietly, over a period of days.

7. David Grillo's rating of the film Trails

Even wolves aren't as hungry as men.

8. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Trails

Not just a film about a particular culture, but a preservation of that culture--itself a part of the oral tradition it partly examines. Brilliant.