1. Material Salva+ion's rating of the film Trainspotting

There's a lot of films I've watched a long time ago that i'm catching up with now rating-wise since it's inevitable to forget some behind in the massive matrix of films one watches in a lifetime...but it's unforgivable to forget one of the earliest, most impactful films of my teenage years! Trainspotting is the closest to being the film-Manifesto and Techno-Anthem of the late 90s youth culture and existentialism.

2. Maria Wilton's rating of the film Trainspotting

Normally cult films aren't my thing, but this, same as American History X, was captivating and it told a story that it's so common it becomes special.

3. McMurphy's rating of the film Trainspotting

4. jooley's rating of the film Trainspotting

The energy of this film is off the chart, the soundtrack, the way it's shot and edited together just drips of confident stylish film making. But for all the entertainment value and savvy subculture snapshots, it stops juuust short of sending the right message.

5. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Trainspotting

Choose this film. Danny Boyles finest ... still

6. Doe Deer's rating of the film Trainspotting

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Trainspotting

Gee! The Toilets scene reminded me of some of my journeys through European countries when I was younger.

8. tegarbudi's rating of the film Trainspotting

I like the way they pronounce "six" as "sex"

9. captainfez's rating of the film Trainspotting

10. saitosouta's rating of the film Trainspotting

Re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re--re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re--re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re....I learned feelings in "Trainspotting" which maybe someone learned in Yasujiro Ozu's works; heartbreakingly complicated & sighingly dolorous feelings. This is no joke.

11. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film Trainspotting

90's Brit Pop Culture. Fantastic humour. In love w/ Sickboy

12. Michael Peer's rating of the film Trainspotting

One of the best films from the 90s and arguably Danny Boyle's most inspired work. Trainspotting is a rare movie that keeps you on edge of your seat from the opening frame to the last. Kinetic, energetic, riveting, and never-ever boring, Boyle constantly keeps things moving - literally - the camera is always moving - a perfect marriage of form matching content. For a film that is over 20 years old, it still holds up.

13. memorysigh's rating of the film Trainspotting

"Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: [narrating] Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends (...)"

14. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Trainspotting

I love this film! I love how, despite its subject matter, it can be so energetically entertaining and sharply humorous. I love how full and empathetic a portrait it paints of its protagonists, without ever downplaying the hazards of their lifestyle. I love how effectively it shows that the "moral" society can be just as ugly as the sides it vilifies. I just find it satisfying on so many personal levels.

15. João Portalegre's rating of the film Trainspotting

16. Jason's rating of the film Trainspotting

2017. Dubious nostalgia. But seeing it again in a theatre (not the same theatre where I last saw it, back when it came out - but in the same city), made me warm in my prurient little easily-deceived heart. Not proud-making, that. This is a snotty movie based on a snotty book. It is essentially a music video and a fashion spread and a marketing campaign (for itself) both castigating and celebrating drug subculture.

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Trainspotting

18. TiagoGrilo's rating of the film Trainspotting

''A thousand years from now there will be no guys and no girls - just wankers. Sounds great to me"

19. miles's rating of the film Trainspotting

lots of kubrick references, your watching it in a coffin.

20. Rowan Ah-See's rating of the film Trainspotting

21. MistaRichard's rating of the film Trainspotting

DANNY BOYLE IF YOU RUIN THIS MOVIE I SWEAR TO GOD

22. Steve G.'s rating of the film Trainspotting

The most disturbing part of this film is definitely the suggestion of eating cold mushroom soup.

23. vizija's rating of the film Trainspotting

24. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Trainspotting

This reminds me a lot of Skins. I liked it in the beginning but the story and the scenes (in a chronological way) get very non-linear. It kinda gets you lost and simultaneously loses all its dynamic.