1. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Ugh. Juvenile. ARG is toooo intellectually motivated for my tastes and although I could admire The Erasers, this is just intolerably vapid. Reminiscent of Jarmusch's Limits of Control.

2. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

pretty much sum up what i hate about French cinema, half-wit experimental, artsy-fartsy, excessive obsession for naked women

3. natalieb's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

fascinant et super bien construit. Jean-Louis Trintignant est parfait.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

5. -REM-'s rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

7. rllr's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Watching a film in a film + biking home afterwards in the exact same streets as in Trans-Europ-Express gave this screening an extra Robbe-Grillet dimension (I haven't noticed Marie-France Pisier around though...).

8. Gyseltrut's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Somewhere between 3,5 and 4 stars.

9. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

i love films within a film. 4,1.

10. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

"What was so nouveau about the Nouveau Roman?" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/06/episode-19-first-films-of-alain-robbe.html

11. HSBilly's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

a lovely anna kari- i mean marie-france pisier. one of the best film-within-film.

12. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Very 'meta' and just a little bit kinky. A winning combination.

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

I dig it when French movies are silly. Godard definitely should have done more silly films. I met Robbe-Grillet. Jealous? You should be. Only problem with him is that he kept speaking French even after I shouted, "I can't understand you!" Of course he lost his mind right around 'Eden and Apres' and started doing nudies. Sacré Bleu, mes amis! Pas possible! Oui! Non! Oui! Pain perdue!

14. Odile~'s rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Trintignant era DEMASIADO ♥

15. santiago alzate botero's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

the award for creepiest misogynist director goes to

16. noice's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

17. mpho3's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

I usually don't enjoy movies about making movies, but Trans-Europ-Express is clever and entertaining. Loved el fin: "Those true stories are always boring." Hahahaha.

18. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Three poor writers try to put together a spy movie on the titular train and we watch the results. Characters and crime tropes come and go and fold back over themselves. It moves along w/o any real sense of real cause and effect. The clichés and scenes are lodged in our collective memory from decades of thrillers. Music peppers it randomly. A real New Wave precursor to Jarmusch's The Limits of Control!! Great . . .

19. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Perhaps the only Robbe-Grillet film that could be called a "romp". This goofiest entry in the New Wave takes place in a realm where artists and their creations share the same reality, exploring the link between our world (where story ideas are born in bullshit spit-balling sessions) and the world of genre fantasy. A bit too self-satisfied at times, but also brain-tickling & a wicked satire of James Bond's 60s.

20. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

True-to-form french new-wave picture, too aloof to really work.

21. El Biffo's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

The cinematography is fabulous, and the actors so great, that it doesn't even matter that the plot and dialogue are deliberately insipid. This is a perfect example of when I wish I could turn off the subtitles on MUBI. They are a distraction. The bondage scenes and sexy lingerie are a fun bonus. 4.5 stars.

22. Corriel's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

An nice new wavish film with an interesting and original cinematography and a beautiful Marie-France Pisier. ♥

23. mooniac's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

The story was very well constructed by Grillet but wasn't it too mechanical and even unemotional?

24. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Proof that Robbe-Grillet could be Oulipo-hilarious as well as Nouveau Roman po-faced. On the evidence of this film he was no threat to Queneau in terms of richness and complexity of yucks, but T.E.E. is no less fun for that. Even after decades of self-referential cinema -- both experimental and less so, successful and much less so -- this madcap crime-caper delivers an effective metanarrative high, avec venom.