1. xer vokun's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

when you start thinking of all the possibilities of making a movie on a train and the story somehow slips into reality.. or does it

2. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Ugh. Juvenile. ARG is toooo intellectually motivated for my tastes and although I could admire The Erasers, this is just intolerably vapid. Reminiscent of Jarmusch's Limits of Control.

3. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

pretty much sum up what i hate about French cinema, half-wit experimental, artsy-fartsy, excessive obsession for naked women

4. natalieb's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

fascinant et super bien construit. Jean-Louis Trintignant est parfait.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

6. -REM-'s rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

8. rllr's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Watching a film in a film + biking home afterwards in the exact same streets as in Trans-Europ-Express gave this screening an extra Robbe-Grillet dimension (I haven't noticed Marie-France Pisier around though...).

9. Gyseltrut's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Somewhere between 3,5 and 4 stars.

10. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

i love films within a film. 4,1.

11. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

"What was so nouveau about the Nouveau Roman?" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/06/episode-19-first-films-of-alain-robbe.html

12. HSBilly's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

a lovely anna kari- i mean marie-france pisier. one of the best film-within-film.

13. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Very 'meta' and just a little bit kinky. A winning combination.

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

I dig it when French movies are silly. Godard definitely should have done more silly films. I met Robbe-Grillet. Jealous? You should be. Only problem with him is that he kept speaking French even after I shouted, "I can't understand you!" Of course he lost his mind right around 'Eden and Apres' and started doing nudies. Sacré Bleu, mes amis! Pas possible! Oui! Non! Oui! Pain perdue!

15. Odile~'s rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Trintignant era DEMASIADO ♥

16. santiago alzate botero's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

the award for creepiest misogynist director goes to

17. noice's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

18. mpho3's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

I usually don't enjoy movies about making movies, but Trans-Europ-Express is clever and entertaining. Loved el fin: "Those true stories are always boring." Hahahaha.

19. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Three poor writers try to put together a spy movie on the titular train and we watch the results. Characters and crime tropes come and go and fold back over themselves. It moves along w/o any real sense of real cause and effect. The clichés and scenes are lodged in our collective memory from decades of thrillers. Music peppers it randomly. A real New Wave precursor to Jarmusch's The Limits of Control!! Great . . .

20. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

Perhaps the only Robbe-Grillet film that could be called a "romp". This goofiest entry in the New Wave takes place in a realm where artists and their creations share the same reality, exploring the link between our world (where story ideas are born in bullshit spit-balling sessions) and the world of genre fantasy. A bit too self-satisfied at times, but also brain-tickling & a wicked satire of James Bond's 60s.

21. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

True-to-form french new-wave picture, too aloof to really work.

22. El Biffo's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

The cinematography is fabulous, and the actors so great, that it doesn't even matter that the plot and dialogue are deliberately insipid. This is a perfect example of when I wish I could turn off the subtitles on MUBI. They are a distraction. The bondage scenes and sexy lingerie are a fun bonus. 4.5 stars.

23. Corriel's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

An nice new wavish film with an interesting and original cinematography and a beautiful Marie-France Pisier. ♥

24. mooniac's rating of the film Trans-Europ-Express

The story was very well constructed by Grillet but wasn't it too mechanical and even unemotional?