1. mubianer's rating of the film Transes

I think this film captures this band perfect as it reaches a trance like state. Also a portrait of Moroccan society.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Transes

It's not exactly GIMME SHELTER.

3. José Neves's rating of the film Transes

What's more exciting here is related to the amazing way the concert of Nass El-Ghiwane is filmed with a public in a fury of sharing and reception, and the way the group is framed, as if were cut through and out of that noisy and massive background, like Moroccans Rolling Stones and it is exactly that kind of "gimme shelter" what is most impressive in this film.

4. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film Transes

To my Western eye,I found "Trances" a difficult watch.However,in these difficult times,it is more important then ever to understand each other and our various ways!Perhaps culture(in particular film and music)is one way we can do this.The film focuses on Nass-El Ghiwane a group of Moroccan musicians,who through traditional trance music,poetry and theatre, express Moroccan culture,history and politics.Worth a watch.

5. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Transes

6. lina maj's rating of the film Transes

The most peaceful way to rock and roll I've ever seen.

7. Karthik's rating of the film Transes

There are not too many other music documentaries so focused on the music & yet so beautifully situated in context (sociopolitical, ethno-musicological, personal). Amidst the music of social protest, all the security guards; amidst the expression of popular yearning, the need to hire a copyright lawyer. In the dialectic between profession & self-expression, between change & tradition, the music finds itself & us

8. Stephen Cooper's rating of the film Transes

Please please bring this film with english translation to DVD for the English speaking audience...please.

9. Hazman Aziz's rating of the film Transes

10. tibber's rating of the film Transes

Does for music what Teshigahara's Antonio Gaudi did for architecture.

11. Rodger White's rating of the film Transes

That was stupendous!Thank you.

12. DEAN's rating of the film Transes

Don't expect something linear from Nass el ghiwane.They just start the camera and go with the flow.Just consider it like a psychedelic trip.

13. KK's rating of the film Transes

The music is beautiful. The film is a wonderful glimpse of their world. Still, where are the women? Perhaps people free themselves from tyranny, as they plead in the songs, when they stop acting as tyrants themselves.

14. Seah Chay Loon's rating of the film Transes

I cannot see the film show, can anyone teach me!

15. Firpo Carlo's rating of the film Transes

Ho avuto poco tempo per vedere terminare il film ma dai primi 10 minuti sono rimasto estasiato. Amo la musica africana e maghrebina in particolare la trovo trascinante e appassionante. Consiglio la visione a tutti quelli che come me amano il cinema e la musica.

16. Karin's rating of the film Transes

This movie gave me a glimpse of our complex world and incredible insight into differences honored by many. Thank you for bringing this universal language of movement and voice to the forefront. Karin

17. Ab's rating of the film Transes

This is truly a movie that I loved watching. It gave me a better insight on my own culture and heritage. Thanks for the effort of sharing this with the world. Abdellatif.

18. Rezaul Hasan's rating of the film Transes

An excellent restoration. Watched this on my big screen LCD last night using my Playstation 3 hooked up to an A/V receiver and the image was very film-like. By the way, this is an excellent way to watch movies on Auteurs, instead of using laptops or PCs. Kudos to World Cinema Foundation. Rezaul Hasan

19. Algitya's rating of the film Transes

Dunny why i never get bored when seeing a movies about culture especially this kind of modern portrait of some mixed ones.

20. nabili mohammed's rating of the film Transes

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, why can't see it again? who can tel me how can see it because, i have this message under video window Not Available to watch in your area. Why?

21. Daniella's rating of the film Transes

Amazing music accompanied by poetic, haunting images like the one of the pregnant woman dancing in trance. If I had been born in Casablanca, Morocco I would definitely have become a groupie of Nass El Ghiwane.

22. torsten schmidt's rating of the film Transes

What a wonderful film. Thank you very much for making it available. For free even.