1. DrFirestone's rating of the film Travel Songs

Watching "Travel Songs" reminds me of a stream of memories - it manages to convey the feeling of a confusing, melancholic dream... Just like most of the other Jonas Mekas' work I've seen so far, it revolves around himself - I'm sure the images bring memories and have a meaning for Jonas, but for me - they were mostly random, erratically put together, uninspiring fragments of someone's holiday...

2. Kevin Sia's rating of the film Travel Songs

headache-inducing editing, but i think that's the point because the images pass by just like memories. this film effectively evokes the euphoric and nostalgic feelings associated with travel. gorgeous photography

3. dvvca's rating of the film Travel Songs

4. anonymous's rating of the film Travel Songs

Mekas: the tourist. The tourist is different in his perception and his spatial categorisation of the place he visits. Travel Songs is the tourist's eye - the blurred landscapes from inside the train, the tilting down on buildings and the plants. Even such a rapid, blurry input is bound to stir emotions - fear of the foreign night - the Dantean Forest - where one needs guidance to be kept from losing the good way.

5. humberto1988's rating of the film Travel Songs

Me quedo con su propuesta de entropía... Escuchar recitar y ensamblar imágenes con la sensibilidad se vuelve fascinante...

6. Daniel Araujo's rating of the film Travel Songs

Experiments on speed. Intercaptions.

7. Pater Ecstaticus's rating of the film Travel Songs

Annoying and pretentious, as always...

8. captainfez's rating of the film Travel Songs

9. DebraM's rating of the film Travel Songs

I wasn't sure about this until about halfway through and then I let the images wash over me. The sense of frenetic movement, travel and the meaning I read into the flashing images was really quite something. This was my first experience of Mekas' work and I'll certainly look out for more.

10. boxwalla's rating of the film Travel Songs

I don't hear MacLise's voiceover on this. Am I missing something?

11. natsume's rating of the film Travel Songs

god I am in love with his laughter in between frames and phrases... what a radiant punctuation - which song is your favourite? "I know that to get out of the deep black night the Dantian forest I have to keep filming, I have to keep filming"

12. Paul Rot's rating of the film Travel Songs

Jonas Mekas will be your Poet for many years to come. Bow down and watch. Just watch and maybe you’ll learn something. No complaints.

13. Rex Freeman's rating of the film Travel Songs

Another home movie gone wrong. There's some almost incoherent storytelling at first (eg "a dog licked dust off my shoes" ??) but then it's just complete silence and probable nausea.

14. AdrienGerard's rating of the film Travel Songs

15. Bjartur's rating of the film Travel Songs

Excerpts of his diary read in voiceover? I hear nothing, except for the beginning, with Mekas speaking, the movie is silent (???)

16. Barbaján García's rating of the film Travel Songs

Es un genio. Basta con la Canción de Ávila para notar su increíble sensibilidad. Larga vida, camarada Mekas!

17. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Travel Songs

The work of Jonas Mekas touches me deeply and it is a beautiful thing to be moved by images. It is the closest thing i know of memory turned into pictures (the second closest thing being Chris Marker i guess). It works like memory with flashes, a certain light, a friend, a place we loved, and it is very much there and gone at the same time. It has to do with the brilliant editing, this special Mekas touch.

18. jamesey's rating of the film Travel Songs

At first I wasn't into it, but then I was hypnotized by the footage. Fun watch. If Vine was around in this guy's prime, he'd be king

19. luisxavier's rating of the film Travel Songs

Eurotrip Mix by VJ JM. Or Mix of travel images in a already saturated adrenaline fueled world. 3.5

20. Hélène Musc's rating of the film Travel Songs

21. Chearth's rating of the film Travel Songs

22. bryanvmh's rating of the film Travel Songs

What's the commotion? "Cinema is motion" in motion

23. dionysus67's rating of the film Travel Songs

Lovely, at points, snippets of footage from various destinations, which form a tapestry of memory traces in line with a cinema of lived experience and the undifferentiated logic that supports it. There is poetry in the images and in the precious but fleeting observations of everyday-life and the surrounding objects or natural milieu that haunts memory, yet it is typically-for Mekas-marred by the erratic diary style.

24. Mitsunoir's rating of the film Travel Songs

excellent. feel like traveling. sometimes nostalgic, speedy, surprising, images consecutively flushing!!