1. Nick's rating of the film Tricked

An interesting experiment, but the result feels more like a YouTube short with much more nudity in it. Shockingly amateurish for a Verhoeven production. The documentary was interesting though.

2. Loz Loory's rating of the film Tricked

Kudos to Verhoeven for trying this experiment. It does illustrate the peril of not heeding the dictum, "Know how it will end before you begin!" Big pacing issue: Once we see what Merel sees, the audience is ahead of the film for too long before the scissors. This could have been remedied by NOT showing us what Merel sees. The scissors scene is still good, but it could have packed more of a Hitchcockian wallop.

3. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Tricked

The experiment to the film is contrived and the decision to include a documentary that almost matches the film in length does it no service. I felt worn out by the time that I reached the film proper. The plot itself felt like it was written by that many authors, which is a bad sign for any narrative. The movie just never comes together to do anything more than appreciate the wheels didn't come off of the project.

4. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Tricked

First half is Verhoeven explaining his process of making this film where he crowd-sourced out the screenplay. Plays as a "behind-the-scenes / making-of" kind of doc for the first 35 minutes. Last hour is the film itself which is perfectly fine, but nothing more. A simple little film that is well acted, filmed and directed. Nothing of great note, but enjoyable enough.

5. PropheticHeine's rating of the film Tricked

I really enjoyed the break between the sequences of the film. It gives the viewer a glimpse into the mind of a producer as well as those who are coming up. The second half of the film itself was pretty intriguing with its realistic take on men in power and those surrounding them. However, the realism is what really under plays the film. Nothing really happens, I guess I'm not really into something so minimal.

6. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Tricked

A (mostly) fresh, entertaining movie. The pregnancy scene has been done before, though, in "The Cooler", with Alec Baldwin in the Ineke role.

7. Omar Mizdaq's rating of the film Tricked

I skipped the long documentary about the film (what was the point of that and why wasn't it shown after the actual film? as if you don't believe in your film enough). The actual film is not, as Mubi describes, a "psycho-sexually charged thriller"; it's light & comedic, the plot is its strength, and it's impossible not to like Remco the philandering king whose appetites threatens to destroy his kingdom. A little gem.

8. NicholasHeinecke's rating of the film Tricked

Funny movie, really makes you think about how short sighted characters can use anything to accomplish their goals. It was a really enjoyable soap opera of sorts, one genre that I usually avoid. I liked the lesson of the film as well, and how the director gets the point across.

9. DestDest's rating of the film Tricked

I didn't care too much for this film because I can't stand the cheating-husband-trope and I thought the son was a creep, but there were certainly some interesting moments. Not to mention the daughter Lieke was likable. There's a type of humor in this film that is best showcased in its ending, which was a nice surprise.

10. Kevin's rating of the film Tricked

Initially put off by the first 40 minutes about how the film was made, I was enthralled with the actual movie, its coquettish behavior and constant turns make the movie work on many levels. I think Verhoeven’s later films are turning out to be art house gems instead of cineplex blockbusters, I won’t comment on which is better, just keep making films.

11. Vinny's rating of the film Tricked

"Tricked" is a sexually charged comedy which includes a documentary on how the movie came to be before it even begins. Paul Verhoeven demonstrates a real taste for unfortunate events as a means of creating humor. Everyone likes to say they care about everyone's well being, but if you haven't ever laughed at a youtube video of someone falling off a dock into water while fully clothed then you will not like this movie!

12. Michael Schmidt's rating of the film Tricked

13. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Tricked

An entire season of Arrested Development condensed down to an hour.

14. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Tricked

15. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Tricked

There were so many plot twists in it. Entertaining.

16. José Neves's rating of the film Tricked

Narrative handy cam, teeming and "noisy", of a fiction of mistakes, typical in Verhoeven, and not so attractive or smarter than it used to be. The story is fun, but obvious, and it is only just that - a plot. There is an idea of cinema: when two characters lurk another one, on the top of her building.A brief plan for a thankfully short film.

17. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Tricked

Nice little Dutch Basic Instinct.

18. MCLang89's rating of the film Tricked

Cool overall concept but that's where it ends.