1. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

The cinema nut in this hit a bit too close to home.

2. LaughingBubba's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

Rob Brydon is a funny bloke but the 1st five minutes were anything but. Couldn't be bothered with the rest. Life is too short to be wasted on dross.

3. pepoire's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

This is such a weird standalone entry in the weird somehow-genre of Winterbottom-Brydon-Coogan films (which I find a bit tiring generally). I love Tristram Shandy, and I liked this film mainly for its playfulness in adapting/incorporating elements of the book. The thing about the endless Coogan scenes though is that they meander, like the book, but aren't interesting or funny mostly, unlike the book. A sad lapse tbh.

4. David Lewis's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

Watch two men play with their egos for 90 minutes. Or alternatively, make a cup of tea.

5. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

6. correy baldwin's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

Delightfully inconsequential. Basically just The Trip, but in a different setting. Too bad Stephen Fry's cameo was just a cameo. Less important than Day for Night, but much goofier.

7. Gencer Soytemiz's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

8. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

This is one I've wanted to see for a very long time. I should go rent it, or something. :) Savvy

9. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

Very brilliant, very British, very Pythonesque. I love the popular culture references (Barry Lyndon, A Room with a View, The Observer, Bresson/Fassbinder, Two Stars, Baywatch and finally Pacino and homophobia gags) and the chestnut scene. Extras' Ashley Jensen also made a cameo. 5/5

10. Emil Rosenstrøm's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

Gotta see it once more, I think, or simply read the god damn book. Fairly confusing, as I did not know the story behind, and was therefore inable to appreciate the finesse of the film.

11. Tigrão's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

12. Mark Desrosiers's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

A retro meta-trifle. Funnier in theory than in practice, just like the original.

13. Yass's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

Quelques longueurs en milieu de film, mais les acteurs et l'idée de base sont très bons.

14. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

I thought it was very funny, Coogan and Brydon can do no wrong especially with a script like this one.

15. catch_33's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

As funny as it is in moments, there are just too many instances where nothing really interesting is happening. The film is constructed quite cleverly and continues in the post modernist leanings of 24 Hour Party People whilst heavily borrowing from 8 1/2. The film certainly achieves a unique cinematic perspective, but isn't as engaging as it should be methinks.

16. Tom Barnard's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

I loved the behind-the-scenes scenes, but the actual "Tristram Shandy" moments didn't work for me. Maybe that's the point.

17. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

It has a few hysterical scenes that almost make up for the fact that it's a movie that's mostly boring as all hell. They don't, but they get sorta close.