1. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

(.5 star) This movie is FUCKING AWFUL. Vincent Gallo gives the most boring line deliveries of almost any actor I have ever seen onscreen. Gallo is the most believable when he's furiously masturbating. The editing is atrocious. Directing is beyond terrible. So much "crossing the line" in the shot selections that it makes your damn head spin. And the plot is non-existent and dull as hell. Truly an awful experience.

2. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

This film is very french in tone and sensibility. It approaches vampires in a novel way that feels fresh and grapples with the more human frailty of vampires ironically. The plot is meandering and more convoluted than absolutely necessary. The premise still holds up for the majority of the film. The acting is solid and the actors remain invested throughout. It is a solid film for someone looking for nontraditional.

3. adamjaymorris's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

It seemed to me that the script wasn't finished.

4. Ghostman's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

A chilling and truly disturbing film. A total 180 from the warmth and comfort of 35 Shots of Rum, which she made after. Vincent Gallo is appropriately creepy here. A vampire film embedded in realism. A frightening portrait of sexual violence, lust steeped in crazed brutality, and love gone horribly awry. And the ending is brilliantly anti-climatic. Denis is a master filmmaker. *bows*

5. mpho3's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

[Spoiler alert] "Vampirism is a desire to possess, even to preserve, as much as it is to murder and consume, and this fundamental paradox is linked here to both marriage and casual dalliances. Few images are more chilling, even sickeningly melancholy, than the almost loving, playful kisses that Core and Shane give their victims ... as they drift into death...." - Leo Goldsmith, Notcoming.com.

6. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

I travel back in time to early 1960s America: I carry a revolver; it has but one bullet, and I may only use it on Henry Kissinger or Vincent Gallo; this is the most difficult decision I will ever have to make. Despite Gallo's face, this movie is pretty cool. Something is missing--I'm not sure what yet--but the sexy parts aren't sexy enough & the spooky tension is unevenly distributed. I like its elliptical nature.

7. ________b's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

8. Myles's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

One of the sexiest movies I've ever seen. Unfortunately, it's Claire Denis, so don't expect a compelling, uniform arc. If atmospherics are all you need, this one won't disappoint.

9. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Trouble Every Day

10. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

More like Claire Denis the Menace, am I right?

11. Michael Schmidt's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

I don't generally like movies that are creepy and disturbing, but if I did, I think I'd really like this movie. I didn't think vampirism could be done these days without being totally hokey--but I was wrong.

12. emosure's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Silly movie. Claire Denis’ worst film. Has incredible idea and concepts, but commits the cardinal sin of cinema: being boring.

13. Larry Chavez's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

My favorite Claire Denis film, I first saw it in Paris, came out of the theatre at dusk and thought people on the street looked like Beatrice Dalle ready to eat humans.

14. alina.'s rating of the film Trouble Every Day

15. David R Williams's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

By turns sensual and repulsive, sometimes both at the same time, one of the best modern "vampire" films ever made.

16. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

2-3. While its lack of closure is truly frustrating, it's admirable in the way it leans into showing rather than telling, even if it doesn't reach beyond simple dividends; and the ways in which it seems to draw inspiration not just from the original Nosferatu, but Herzog's version are rather interesting. I'm glad I watched it all in all, even if it is a tad oblique.

17. Enkiled's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Even Tindersticks couldn't save this cringefest. All the tension culminates into nothing, you keep watching two different stories up until one point where nothing meaningful happens. It's contemplative, meditative, deranged, and I expected it to mean something in the end. Guess what, it doesn't. It's just uneventful. Plus this whole animalistic desire and troubled release thing is wearing thin tbh. + Gallo is abysmal

18. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Anche se non mi ha troppo colpito, è un film particolare e merita attenzione

19. Timmy93's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Fine ideas and a few shocking images do not save this over-complicated, sluggish and incoherent mess of a movie.

20. Joao Pedro Amorim's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

according to lacan, every drive is death drive. sexuality is death itself, as it tries to replace the immortality lost.

21. smndvdcl's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Oh, Vincent Gallo. How artistic persona and life off-screen blur so seamlessly. Denis is a great director at bringing out such predatorial malevolence.

22. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

No dialogue, almost no plot, but a pure tension so intense you can hardly breathe. Bodies, silences, cinematic ideas, you don't need much to capture the audience attention, to make it work, to create something alive. Claire Denis still up there, Nice OST from Tindersticks.

23. HKFanatic's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

In Denis' 2001 existential horror film (one whose influence can be felt as recently as "Under the Skin"), the creeping death of Nosferatu is reimagined for a new century in Vincent Gallo's sunken-eyed, somnambulant stare. The result is almost too effective. But perhaps what's most shocking about a film as seemingly grim and nihilistic as "Trouble Every Day" is how much it has to tell us about unconditional love.

24. dan_mt's rating of the film Trouble Every Day