1. Enkiled's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Even Tindersticks couldn't save this cringefest. All the tension culminates into nothing, you keep watching two different stories up until one point where nothing meaningful happens. It's contemplative, meditative, deranged, and I expected it to mean something in the end. Guess what, it doesn't. It's just uneventful. Plus this whole animalistic desire and troubled release thing is wearing thin tbh. + Gallo is abysmal

2. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Anche se non mi ha troppo colpito, è un film particolare e merita attenzione

3. Timmy93's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Fine ideas and a few shocking images do not save this over-complicated, sluggish and incoherent mess of a movie.

4. Joao Pedro Amorim's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

according to lacan, every drive is death drive. sexuality is death itself, as it tries to replace the immortality lost.

5. smndvdcl's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Oh, Vincent Gallo. How artistic persona and life off-screen blur so seamlessly. Denis is a great director at bringing out such predatorial malevolence.

6. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

No dialogue, almost no plot, but a pure tension so intense you can hardly breathe. Bodies, silences, cinematic ideas, you don't need much to capture the audience attention, to make it work, to create something alive. Claire Denis still up there, Nice OST from Tindersticks.

7. HKFanatic's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

In Denis' 2001 existential horror film (one whose influence can be felt as recently as "Under the Skin"), the creeping death of Nosferatu is reimagined for a new century in Vincent Gallo's sunken-eyed, somnambulant stare. The result is almost too effective. But perhaps what's most shocking about a film as seemingly grim and nihilistic as "Trouble Every Day" is how much it has to tell us about unconditional love.

8. dan_mt's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

9. choupinet's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Sick. I wasn't particularly blown away by this. The beginning seemed promising and intriguing, but it didn't really meet the buildup I was expecting.

10. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

TOP film. are you hungry? are you sick? are you begging for a break? are you sweet? are you fresh? are you strung up by the wrists? / we want the young blood / are you fracturing? are you torn at the seams? would you do anything? flea-bitten motheaten? / we suck young blood / won’t let the creeping ivy won’t let the nervous bury me our veins are thin our rivers poisoned we want the sweet meats we want the young blood

11. bulgrin's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Slow, meditative, great soundtrack and visuals. A very different approach to the extreme.

12. Rory Dunn's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Shocking. Twisted. Inept. Needlessly vague in it's approach to story, the eroticism and horror are on point but lost in a cloudy narrative. It neither shows the viewer nor tells the viewer, and this ambiguity ultimately makes for a let down of a film. Recommended if you enjoy eroticism blended with violence and a play on traditional gender roles within horror films.

13. EdieEmm's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

101's a lot of minutes for some cool hotel interior shots & a puppy. Which is about all I could find to redeem this otherwise unengaging bore. I actively disliked the soundtrack, sound design, cinematography, Vincent Gallo (& cast), from the start. I'll follow your tedious mystery crumbs, but at least give me something for sustenance! Nothing. Just a shallow & common juvenile rehash of darkness/desire, blah blah...

14. David G. Mabey's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Very cool film. Found it a bit longer than I thought it needed to be.. but still pretty rad.

15. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

To label this simply as a horror film is a real injustice. Yes, it's dark, almost unbearably tense - but it's also infinitely complex, subtle, delicate....it's sensuous and gruesome all at once.

16. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Denis doesn't shy away from really shocking material, because she manages to keep a distance. I definitely like that she doesn't explain things. The most annoying part was when Gallo went into some exposition with the female doctor. I just wanted to tell him to shut up, and go be moody somewhere else.

17. jxn's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

i scrolled down and wasn't surprised that 'under the skin' is the first related film. i couldn't finish this. i found it hugely uninteresting as it progressed and vincent gallo very difficult to watch.

18. Siaudebert's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

Strange movie bout sex and devoration

19. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

20. Balthaz21's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

21. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

22. kit duckworth's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

vincent gallo stares at appendages

23. Renton47's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

I didn't especially care for 'Trouble' when I first saw it, and on this viewing I didn't feel any closer to "getting" it. Yet involving the impenetrability of plot into my viewing at least allowed me to focus on the feel of the space, the claustrophobic close-ups, the camera's depiction of lust. I'm unsure of Denis' implications, though I have some ideas, but in a way it's secondary to the experience here.

24. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film Trouble Every Day

vincent gallo is always the problem

← Previous 1 3 4 5