1. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

2. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

Hier kommt ein Film, der in der Welt unserer Erinnerungen an Filme spielt. Die Charaktere und Mysterien, die verdorbenen Romanzen - Alan Rudolph hat sie aus alten Filmen der schwarzen Serie generiert. Trouble In Mind spielt aber in der Welt der funkelnden Neonlichter. Eine Welt an den Docks mit einsamen Cafes und Bars. Rain City.(...)

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

I think I watched this about 10 times. I adored Divine. If there were people who still thought he was an Altman clone, this surely dispelled that notion. What he does with atmosphere is very much his own style.

4. Ethan's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

This is a very quirky futuristic film that feels very modern. Alan Rudolph is one of the most unique directors to come from the 70s. The cast is exceptional including Kris Kristofferson, Keith Carradine, Genevieve Bujold, Joe Morton, and Divine in the only film where she played only a man.

5. Jamie Scott-Dyson's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

A serene, greedy, neon fuelled dream. It seemed to be covered in a mysterious haze. A full world seeping with politics, gang warfare and life. Because of this the intimacy of the caring reltionships is increased. When it drifted in pure cinema such as hawks date, it became sublime,' the neon and jazz soaking through the screen. It has stuck with me in a way i have not felt in a while. 5/5

6. Doris Allen's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

Will this ever be on DVD?

7. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

I completely thought it was Klaus Kinski in this still until I saw Keith Carradine's name in the cast.

8. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

I need to see more Rudolph movies (and this one again) to fully get on his wavelength, since the ending left me a little colder than I'd have liked, but this is one of the better culty whatsits to emerge from the 80s, I think. A post-Blade Runner combo of everything that's good about Altman with a swoonily romantic humanism and straight-faced pomo absurdity. The way he moves the camera is just luscious.

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Trouble in Mind

When the American cinema of the 70's tries to survive in the intellectual vacuity of the 80's and faces up the trivial aesthetics of that period, the result could well be Trouble in Mind. A very smart movie. Highly recommended.

10. Ethan Vestby's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

A film about contradictions; Rain City is fictional but it's clearly Seattle, Hilly Blue is a threatening gangster but he's played by Divine, the characters are distinctly of the 80's but they're embroiled in 40's noir. But ultimately contradiction; two opposing things together, extends to choice, the film's foremost theme. An old flame or a young new lover? Criminal or family life?

11. A.J. Hakari's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

If Alan Rudolph wanted to make a topsy-turvy neo-noir, good on him. I appreciate the effort, but nothing this movie did drew me into its atmosphere or had me caring about the characters in the very least.

12. Lydian's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

Rudolph made some great films in the 80s.

13. Pierre's rating of the film Trouble in Mind

Interesting to see Divine in a non-drag performance. He's good.