1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film True Grit

3.5 stars. I think I would be okay with showing this film to young children to teach them courage and integrity. It helps that I associate it and the main character with my first girlfriend through sixth form & uni (we're still friends a decade later, which is nice!) who now writes Westerns and loves this film. I think it's the warmest film the Coens have ever made.

2. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film True Grit

3. Bea Vea's rating of the film True Grit

It was well-written but would have more impact on me if the relationships were stronger, considering how the epilogue was penned.

4. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film True Grit

5. mac le mac's rating of the film True Grit

6. FISCHER's rating of the film True Grit

Un sympathique dosage de violence, de sentiment et d'humour fait de ce western un spectacle plutôt attrayant. D'autant plus qu'il oppose un John Wayne légendaire à une jeune actrice pleine de dynamisme et de malice qui lui dispute âprement la part du lion. Reste que l'intéressant metteur en scène Henry Hathaway s'est distingué avec bien plus de brio et de talent, dans son conséquent passé... www.cinefiches.com

7. Star Lord's rating of the film True Grit

Il grinta, titolo italiano. Non male ma non rientra tra quei film che riguarderei.

8. Renton47's rating of the film True Grit

IMO Coen's work best when working in a classical mode. I think it's because for all their technical competency, their politics or worldview seems dated. Not that the 40's would give us anything as cruel as Lebowski, but Hudsucker, Cruelty and Caesar might be their funnest (and most shunned) affairs. This is a good Western but it's revisionist to a fault, losing an entertaining genre film in the mix. 3.5

9. Sezen Tezic's rating of the film True Grit

realistic western movie! like it

10. Machupi's rating of the film True Grit

First western I've seen, still the most vibrant in my mind

11. Thomas Dods's rating of the film True Grit

Brilliant Cohen brothers version of an old school western. Full of wit and charm and though slightly more playful than you would expect, still sharp in many places. The lead girl is gives a very strong performance and punches above her years.

12. Khach Glauberrocha's rating of the film True Grit

13. Amjack's rating of the film True Grit

You must pay for everything in this world, one way and another. There is nothing free, except the grace of God.

14. bagno's rating of the film True Grit

15. Jim Fear's rating of the film True Grit

The dude is a badass here.

16. Ethan's rating of the film True Grit

This is a solid remake of the John Wayne classic that I personally like better. John Wayne was never great at playing sleazy and Jeff Bridges does it oh so well. Plus the Coens bring a grittiness to this story that the original was seriously lacking.

17. Kadjavsi's rating of the film True Grit

18. James Mackin's rating of the film True Grit

Better than the original, but I do like me some John Wayne too.

19. Minna's rating of the film True Grit

20. kris's rating of the film True Grit

Another above average film from the coens, although forgettable.

21. Carl Penguin's rating of the film True Grit

2.5 ca e jeff bridges smecheras

22. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film True Grit

A fun flick from popular American cinema's most capable writer-directors. Good performances & 'ambiance' with the expected Coen feel.

23. Isaac Blaine Suttle's rating of the film True Grit

The Coen Brother's remake of the western classic feels entirely their own. Their direction is superb, as are the performances, and Roger Deakins' cinematography is beautiful, as always.

24. Andrew Miller's rating of the film True Grit

I hated this in the theater, but still can't work out why. We're working through the Coen films in our house right now-- quite a few to go before we get to this, but I will be interested to see if my feeling changes.