1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Trust

7.5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-36C

2. nematomaranka's rating of the film Trust

3. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Trust

4. Ghostman's rating of the film Trust

A beautiful and intelligent film that's as beautiful and intelligent as the lead actress herself. Two films in and I think I can confidently say Hal Hartley is a great and inspiring filmmaker. A classic that I must watch again.

5. Guillaume Guillaume's rating of the film Trust

- I'll marry you if you admit that respect, admiration, and trust equals love. - OK. They equal love. <3

6. dordairobert's rating of the film Trust

7. Melis Alemdar's rating of the film Trust

"Respect + Admiration + Trust = Love"

8. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Trust

Remastered in 2012, finally bringing it into the digital age ("Would you like for me to explain to you, Jean, the difference between digital and analog recording?") and onto DVD, Blu-ray, and streaming video. In his first major role, Martin Donovan channels Andrew McCarthy (St. Elmo's). In her second major role, Adrienne Shelly carries the film as Maria; seemingly fragile, she actually proves the most resilient.

9. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Trust

Only the most artificial of constructions can reveal the most impossible depths of the human psyche.

10. adamjaymorris's rating of the film Trust

Fourth star added months later because I'm still thinking about Adrienne Shelley's opening scenes.

11. Will Thede's rating of the film Trust

'Your job is making you boring and mean.'

12. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film Trust

Added to the list of favorites.

13. Honeychurch's rating of the film Trust

Shocked by how good it was. How have I never heard of this movie?

14. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Trust

15. ijustgetbored's rating of the film Trust

Brilliant deadpan dialogue set against a bleak blue-collar backdrop. Hartley completely eschews any romantic comedy tropes (even from the darker examples of the genre) and presents a film that's, well, explosive.

16. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Trust

David Mamet called, he wants his dogshit-grade dialogue back

17. d zee's rating of the film Trust

A bit abrupt, but enjoyable. Nice story.

18. Adam S. Hacker's rating of the film Trust

Direct. Pure. Amusing. Dark. So glad I caught this before it rolled off. TRUST is what festival films should play like. RIP Adrienne Shelly ~

19. Marco Della Motta's rating of the film Trust

When Hartley's at his best, there's a unique mix of quirky bitter-sweetness, poignancy and hope to his films, like this one, that's inimitable.

20. David R Williams's rating of the film Trust

LMAO. A romcom that is actually funny and romantic. Who knew? Oh...and intelligent! Dark and absurd. Heartfelt and (sur)real. Deadpan performances like an emotional palette scored by Buster Keaton with just the tiniest glimmer of gleeful violence lurking below the surface. I'm babbling. Sorry.

21. Nick Potter's rating of the film Trust

I don't love this film, but I certainly do respect and admire it. Just kidding, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The earnestness of the dialogue won me over almost immediately.

22. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Trust

Gets better and better with each passing minute. I fell in love with Edie Falco.

23. thivai abhor's rating of the film Trust

I was worried about revisiting this beloved film of my cinephile youth, much like revisiting a long departed lover... Thus, my joy at finding it is still as beautiful (the colors), subversive (a counter/anti rom-com), and powerful as I remembered it. I have once again fallen for this masterpiece!

24. Ben Loory's rating of the film Trust

can't really say that i like hal hartley, but this is-- by the end-- both beautiful and affecting. it's just along the way it's so boring and irritating