1. k t's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

2. lonesome-boat's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

3. Polyglot's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Julianne Côté is my new 2016 film babe. 3.5 Stars. ♥♥

4. Quesera,sera's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

feeling drowned, magical, everything was slowed down and touchable....

5. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Great black and white photography. But I didn't have much of an emotional connection with anyone. It seemed to rely too heavily on the presumption of young adult angst, and didn't really bring much else to the forefront. A couple good scenes scattered here throughout. And the Martin character was a definite highlight for me. 3.5

6. Renton47's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Perfectly evocative of lazy summer vibes when you are too hot and annoyed by everyone. Appropriately water takes on a mythic quality which leads somewhat to a whiff of the fantastical. The sense of lackadaisical proved overwhelming to me however. Then again I never really understood why people hang out with each other with nothing to do.

7. MIRZBOW's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

8. allezchristina's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Glad I watched. Accurate take on what sleeplessness feels like and how similar it is to when you've grown tired of your small town roots.

9. greyladycine's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

The sounds in this film are exquisite. From the early morning birds to the chime of a dog's collar to the dipping of a cookie in a cup of coffee. Great subtle humor. The band was really good. Beautiful black and white cinematography. Maybe my favorite mubi film I've seen so far.

10. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

A high point for subtle surrealism

11. kleos's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Absolutely beautiful and mellow. I felt the ennui and the high expectations of summers past.

12. caitlin.f's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

13. Robert Howard's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

I really enjoyed the tone, pace, and sly humor of this film. The acting and photography was great too. I also thought Nicole's brother's band was making good music.

14. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Pretty much a younger, suburban, French-Canadian styling of Frances Ha, which is totally fine with me. Much of the film is dull, but that is the mood of the movie. Major props to the camerawork and music.

15. Landen Celano's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Loved that it didn't rely on satire to find its offbeat tone, or get in the way of the nuanced look at suburban ennui. Reminiscent of the Coen Brothers and Chantal Akerman.

16. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Two stars, but a good two stars. Charming, dreamy, languid.

17. tcurley's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Tres bon. I really enjoyed the black & white natural light cinematography style.

18. mpho3's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

"Characters ... drift in and out of Tu Dors Nicole, which is forever drifting itself, though Nicole is anchored by Côté’s wonderfully quizzical, deliberately low-key performance." - Mike D'Angelo, The Dissolve. 3.5 stars

19. George Elkind's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Terrific sense of atmosphere. Though Wes Anderson is visible as an overt influence on the compositions (so often the truth), Lafleur pulls a great deal out of his scenery. The dialogue is laconic but heated and confidently written, allowing the director to stage scenes in confident static shots (usually a few alternating). This is a work of economy and care, with hardly a misstep.

20. KDMV4's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

This sort of film is why I subscribe to mubi

21. Nick Potter's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Tu Dors Nicole is such a terrific and delightful little slice-of-life film from French-Canadian Stephane Lafleur, I'm so happy to have been able to discover it here. The black and white cinematography is so lush and rich, and there's such a subtle magical realism throughout, shifting perception ever so slightly of the characters and their world. This film leaves you with great, warm feelings, and you won't regret it.

22. thivai abhor's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

A slow burn, the episodic pleasures build throughout the film to create a fascinating glimpse into these young lives.

23. David R Williams's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

Wow. What a find. An absolute delight. An episodic journey through that certain summer between childhood and adult. There are echoes of David Lynch here if Lynch directed French-Canadian coming of age movies. Pitch perfect performances. A must see.

24. Julian Towers's rating of the film Tu dors Nicole

"I just started crying.I was just so happy to love movie this much.” -Quentin Tarantino on watching Chunking Express "I was almost hugging myself while I watched it." Roger Ebert on viewing Almost Famous "Well...I cried and hugged myself. Beat that ya nincompoops." - Julian Towers on seeing Tu Dors Nicole