1. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Turbulent

This was certainly a treat to see in a gallery space with directional sound. Though I'm not sure I walked away with all the Irani cultural references; which also goes for the deeper feminist details that may have been on display--but that being said, Shirin Neshat's universal mind was certainly buzzing.

2. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Turbulent

This piece of art shows so much heart in it, it's impossible not to feel touched. Shirin Neshat is a strong voice and a powerful female figure - what she does is filled with pain and the eager to be heard. As an artist, I feel moved. As a viewer, I feel raptured.

3. mad.lucas's rating of the film Turbulent

A powerful metaphor on gender roles. That's an extraordinary example of how a ten minute film can deliver such a strong and valuable message - so I feel like I can't forgive bad short-films from now on, not anymore. This one is a true piece of art, probably even better when showing in art galleries.

4. lartuen's rating of the film Turbulent

could only imagine how much more powerful this is in installation form, as it was meant.

5. mpho3's rating of the film Turbulent

Women in Iran are prohibited from singing in public, and there are no recordings by female musicians. What inspired me ... was [an] experience I had on the streets of Istanbul, seeing a young, blind woman singing to make a little money; her music was extraordinary and the public gathered uncontrollably around her. I became obsessed w/ how much not having a visible audience affected her music. - Neshat, Bomb Magazine

6. Jessica Williams's rating of the film Turbulent

Simply put: one of the beautiful portrayals of what it means to be a woman.

7. N҉O҉ L҉O҉N҉G҉E҉R҉ H҉U҉M҉A҉N҉'s rating of the film Turbulent

There are many parts of the sound, brought by the girl who on the right side that can makes me cringe and astonished

8. Ouibonjour's rating of the film Turbulent

I can't wait to see Woman Without Men.

9. PolarisDiB's rating of the film Turbulent

Traditional vs. avant garde music, male vs. female, narrative vs. abstract, audience vs. the unheard. Atom Egoyan's description of this as a video installation is important to read before or after viewing the YouTube link (featured in Max J. Pell's wall post below) because the installation itself is part of its context.

10. Max's rating of the film Turbulent