1. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Twentieth Century

2. bryanvmh's rating of the film Twentieth Century

The most manic performances committed to film, fulfills the Nicolas Cage Standard for Acting: Every Line of Dialogue is Either Whispered or Screamed. Puttin' on a show is hard work

3. Ethan's rating of the film Twentieth Century

This is a brilliant and fast paced comedy that never lets up and the two leads are absolutely amazing here as they trade blows and battle wits through the whole movie. A true comedic gem.

4. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Twentieth Century

Barrymore gives one of the great portrayals of the old-school actor manager. It really comes to life in the second half when both he and Lombard are given free reign to revel in each other's capacity to turn on a sixpence with their emotions and recognise how their (in)authenticity has been the price of their art. Anarchic and farcical, it's also a very enjoyable satire and celebration of theatricality.

5. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Twentieth Century

Lombard is sexy as hell and Barrymore is diabolical. Great screwball comedy.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Twentieth Century

A very enjoyable screwball comedy that benefits from great performances from John Barrymore and Carole Lombard. It's just a shame that it never really feels as quick and sharp as many that followed, but this certainly deserves to be seen if you're interested at all in the films of Howard Hawks specifically, and the comedy genre in general.

7. moniquekidman's rating of the film Twentieth Century

An extremely loud, ridiculous comedy that has some genuinely funny moments. Barrymore and Lombard play off of each other really well and their scene near the end where Barrymore feigns death is masterful.

8. 'king Harold's rating of the film Twentieth Century

I'm sound like an old man but why don't make them like this anymore. Laughed like a drain throughout.

9. Oliver Goddard's rating of the film Twentieth Century

10. SamSalt's rating of the film Twentieth Century

Worth watching just to look at Carole Lombard but further confirmation of my suspicion that "screwball comedy" is code for "people shouting all the time for no good reason."

11. Yvonx S's rating of the film Twentieth Century

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Twentieth Century

C'est fort succulent avec un encha├«nement de gags irr├ęsistibles... www.cinefiches.com

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Twentieth Century

6.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Kz

14. SpacePirate's rating of the film Twentieth Century

Just a real gem of a film. It's weird that in each time I have watched it it feels even more "screwball"-y and faster paced. Essential viewing for Lombard and Barrymore fans

15. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Twentieth Century

Barrymore was such a great comedian. I wish he had worked with Preston Sturges. Sometimes, watching "Unfaithfully Yours" I think that Rex Harrison knew of this performance and was inspired by it.

16. Log Lady's rating of the film Twentieth Century

The first screwball that in addition to not liking it, I didn't really understand it either. Over the top, slightly obnoxious, and barely tolerable in all its loudness. Barrymore is fabulous, though, especially at the end with his fainting spells.

17. twistedthursday's rating of the film Twentieth Century

I came into this not knowing anything beforehand. As it turns out, it's a bunch of drama queens being over the top most of the time. Well, that is quite some fun!

18. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Twentieth Century

Hawks+Hecht's hysterical hams hawk hectic hilarity

19. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Twentieth Century

"sorrows of life are the joys of art"

20. axsaxs's rating of the film Twentieth Century

I'm usually a fan of screwball comedies, but I found this mostly insufferable.

21. ruthafritap's rating of the film Twentieth Century

What a fun-crazy roller coaster ride.

22. Howard Orr's rating of the film Twentieth Century

Lombard is so good (the perfect blend of tomboy and sexiness) and Barrymore channels his wild-eyed theatrical demagogue (German expressionist eyes with the body language of Hitler) in this very funny screwball comedy. OTT certainly, but a look at the world of showbiz calls for a lack of restraint if anything does, and the script holds up, considering the antics of today's primadonnas.

23. Slowart's rating of the film Twentieth Century

after having watched several screwballs by lubitch in a row 20th century feels a bit too OVER-the-top, pre-code and loud, but it's nevertheless very funny and has gorgeous lombard in it

24. Dave's rating of the film Twentieth Century

A very underrated Hawks film. Barrymore is absolutely hysterical and this is the first film that comes to mind whenever I think of him. It's an over-the-top farce, but it's great fun and always keeps you laughing.