1. richardlawrn's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

oh the pain of trying to reach something that seems unattainable. Lisa Fischer released a pretty good record, very 90's diva-esque, but unfortunately the voice isn't enough in the industry. it isn't now and it wasn't back then.

2. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Sensational documentary that in my opinion deserved its Oscar. Takes you into the lives of amazing women who truly deserve their moment in the spotlight.

3. marco's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

music : documentaries musicals

4. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Ehh...this Doc misses some huge elephants in the room and annoyingly so. Glad its done well for these vocalists who deserved better from the men who used them and didn't look after them after they were done with them

5. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

It's pretty good, but I don't know how it would win an oscars when serious documentaries like The Act of Killing or Dirty Wars or even The Square were competing.

6. mpho3's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

True, these voices are amazing - some downright incendiary - but the editing and patchwork storytelling is less satisfying than it should be. 3.5

7. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Good doc that shines a light on the unsung heroes on the music biz. Cool to see those who ply their trade forever in the shadow of egotripping superstars. Some parts could've been edited down though.

8. Eingya's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

I guess I'm an easy sell for a documentary that's both about music and "underdogs". Loved the interviews to the singers themselves and the parts focused on music. I feel that the rest of the interviews could have been trimmed a bit.

9. Marcelo Baldin's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

The thin line between your ego and the place you belong.

10. Jim Cee's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Exploitation, narcissism and some serious talent.

11. God_Schizo's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

One of the best documentaries on music I've seen so far. Finally someone gives credit to all these amazing singers: the injustice is repaired. It goes straight to your heart, and is great for your hears too. Reminded me of the documentary"Standing in the Shadows of Motown", on musicians who never had any recognition whatsoever. Watch it asap.

12. Jonas A. McCaffery's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

A great film for those who are pretty new to music history, like myself. I'm sure a lot of people already know these back-up singers' names, faces, and voices. I was shocked by how many of them are featured on some of my favorite songs, yet are considered unknowns. It's an important movie used to give the heavy lifters their due, but at times, the film was repetitive.

13. SALAHCETAK's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Typically boring TV style documentary. The back ing vocal talent in this film in the other hand is brilliant, especially Lisa Fischer

14. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Pretty good and extremely overdue documentary on the hard lives of these backup singers that are so important to most of the greatest recordings ever, but I wished it was more informative of not only their lives, but the industry as whole and how it functioned in the past and nowdays. Anyways, it was a fun a and beautiful experience getting to know them!

15. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

...a conclusive and fascinating documentary. Full Review: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/12/20-feet-from-stardom-2013.html

16. msmichel's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

While not ranking with the all time great music docs this one is certainly entertaining and an interesting reveal into those unsung singers behind the backing mics. Some of the greatest songs ever recorded are considered such for the rich powerful backing vocals behind the lead. Some great stories, some great characters and some wonderful archival footage and pictures make this a must for any music fan.

17. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

"EXCELLENT AND MUST SEE DOCUMENTARY ALERT DEPT.: Damn! 20 Feet From Stardom, directed by Morgan Neville is SO great! Morgan Neville is always, always, always, excellent but he has hit it so far out of the park with this one. I really hope you get a chance to see this one. I saw it a few days ago and am looking forward to seeing it again. Really, it must be seen. It really is all that." - Henry Rollins

18. Tom Barnard's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Interesting, important, but didn't seem able to justify its running time for a full 90 minutes. Worth watching just for the part with Merry Clayton's isolated vocal on "Gimme Shelter."

19. El Biffo's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Inspirational and depressing, this film gives long deserved props to the great backup singers like Merry Clayton, who sang the power into The Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter", Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama", etc.

20. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

★★★★ sing your heart out.

21. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom

Reasonably good documentary balancing history, personality, analysis, and performance. Could, perhaps, have been trimmed a little - but the movie was poorly framed in the theater I saw it at so that may have worn my patience thin. Still, the content didn't satisfactorily fill the running time. Could have been leaner. (Or had more content.)

22. Catherine Krummey's rating of the film Twenty Feet From Stardom